Ranger Buffs mid Raid Event

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tarvas, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Normally we TB before the event starts to get a free Auspice cast if the raid goes long like for Plane of Fire that took us something like 2600 seconds to get through. We get a fair amount of assorted tanks and dps killed while doing it. I don't think it is a question that it is not worth casting Shout of the Wildstalker prior to Auspice or to waste a MGB on it. Is it worthwhile to single target cast these buffs or go group by group during the lull between TBing and MGBing spice? I know personal dps would suffer a bit doing either, but will the gains for the rest of the raid worth it?
  2. Fintank Augur

To answer the initial question, no it is not worthwhile. Never trade a mass Auspice for mass buffs, anyone who says otherwise isn't trustworthy and probably kicks puppies. Auspice is an INCREDIBLE ADPS addition to EVERY person in the raid.

My general rule for buffing during a raid is contingent on certain factors.

Have I already burned my TB spice or not? - If you haven't tell them to kick rocks.
    How much time left in raid? - If 5 minutes or longer I consider buffing them.
    Am I burning right now, even if it's a "mini-burn"? - If your answer is yes, they can eat it and be sad.
    Are said people good DPS? - I never waste my time/DPS buffing Tanks/Healers or an afk attack clown.
    Moldar likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Fintank nailed it. I'll just add, I ask in our class channel if someone doesn't have TB pressed and if they can buff random dead person_01
  4. Zalamyr Augur

This was one of my biggest annoyances when raiding on a ranger. People would actually get annoyed with me that I wouldn't buff them mid burn on a fight that was going to last 2 more minutes. Sorry my dude, but the boost to your rez effects dps isn't going to overtake the loss of several seconds of my strongest burn.
  5. Brohg Augur

Speaking to that raid in particular, there are 3 "grind times" during General Reparm - when there's nothin' going on besides a frog per minute. I hope those rangers I raid with would find time to buff casualties during those intervals. Along with that, I strongly hope that during the punctuating, dps-critical episodes of the raid event, they're far too busy blowing up mobs to rebuff those silly enough to die.
  6. Killaas_FV New Member

If I had a dollar for every time some doofus ranger wasted their TB re-buffing a tank or casting shout on someone who zoned in late and therefore couldn't TB auspice I would have a brand new 3-story house.

People who do that shouldn't be allowed to raid.
    Ambition and Fintank like this.