Turning old weapons into ornamentations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Terminate, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Terminate Journeyman

Call me crazy, but I definitely thought by now that a system would've been implemented for us to turn old weapons we may have rotting in banks/houses into ornaments. I have some sick in my house I'd love to wear again but still be viable!
  2. Fooba Augur

$2 per ornament combine box. DBG doesn't want money though.
  3. Geko Elder

Is this actually a thing?
    Can I buy 1 of these boxes for 2$?
  4. Nniki Augur

No.
  5. Yimin Augur

It should be a thing !

YiMin
  6. smash Augur

If you think such thing is small task, i really gotta disappoint you. It is a BIG one. You need to know all items and their form, shall it be 1 type of container you can combine in or multiple....
  7. Savager Augur

I've been asking for this for years, still waiting.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Owl56 like this.
  8. Terminate Journeyman

Im not saying it'd be easy /shrug. Just something to maybe implement and/or think about
  9. Funk Augur

Each weapon has an appearance ID, so it could be a new Ornament Mutation Tool from the store that just takes that ID and turns it into an ornament usable in all weapon types, like ornaments handed out in the small GM events, they are flagged for all weapon types.

Take our money!! Please.
    Koryu, Yimin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They would still need to make an item for each of the primary/secondary/range slot appearances as well as a script or some other mechanism to change it from a weapon to an ornamentation which would not be a simple task and the new items would take up more resources in the game.
  11. Cleaver Augur

So many ways they could make money with ideas like this and more and none of them get off the ground.
    Yimin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because it seems they can make money doesn't mean they actually would after you factor in the amount of work needed to make the idea happen
  13. Terminate Journeyman

Was just a thought man lol, no need to on everyone
  14. Geko Elder

It actually shouldn't be that difficult - items have item ID's which should link it to graphics table in the database. Since the Item ID has a direct connection with the graphics table (which it would, otherwise items would look different each time they were dropped).
  15. Funk Augur

This certainly qualifies as an easy money maker with pretty high profit potential. The amount of work required is minimal, and could be whipped up in a few hours.

So it takes the Appearance ID and the Slot restriction ID when mutating the weapon. They already have a mutation tool in place, you'd just alter that for the new item in the store.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sure that these things are easy to do in a code base that is 20+ years old.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All I am doing is reminding people that it is not as simple of a task as people think it is and this is a request that has been made multiple times over the years ever since they added in the system to change a weapons appearance
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Waring is correct, the Devs have even confirmed this themselves in one of the 100+ request threads for this. It is A LOT of work to implement and not something that can be whipped up in a day or even a week of work. As much as I want a feature like this, I've moved on as it is something that will more than likely never happen.
  19. Ezbro Elder

It is too bad, since the nostalgia in the player base is huge and this would be just the right thing :)
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Or modify the code so existing items get an ornamentation flag... then it is one boolean pr item, cheaper in storage.