Mangler XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silias McKendrick, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Silias McKendrick Augur

Dev Team

Leave xp bonus in permanently. It is not to horrible or to fast, but just right.
    It leaves enough time for people to lvl up boxes and alts.
    New people actually have a chance to keep up, and people are still going to
    buy your damn xp pots.

Classic experience does not mean we need to sit in same area for lvls forever boring
    us to death. After 2 days (at the most) you can usually move to new spot or deeper down
    into areas. (Is it easy for people to go to 50 in 2 days? Sure, but at the current rate
    people who are not on vacation, neglecting their family or responsibilities can keep up
    and have fun.

We do not need stupid fast like selo, but not coirv slow soul killing.
    This current rate is a sweet spot in my humble opinion.
    I might actually level an alt or box if it actually would stay this rate and
    you can have even more money (from myself, or others like me) that would
    buy more bags, more pots to lvl those toons.
    Faydark likes this.
  2. Jontrann Augur

50% is not going to make or break the server, the exp will still be twice as fast as corinav even without the boost.
  3. Ceffener Augur

I wouldn’t say it was easy to get to 50 in 2 days. Personally it took 67 hours of grinding, which is pretty difficult to fit into 2 days.
    Montag likes this.
  4. Symbius Augur

Wow.. you broke the time barrier just for the leveling process? Impressive.
    Montag likes this.
  5. Sturn Augur

God no. This leveling speed sucks in my opinion. I wish they had stuck to their original plans. There isn't any point in any of the gear that drops. One of the things I liked about the Coirnav start was how everyone was gearing up as we went. Here there's no point and if you wanted to, you'd have to stop leveling and farm camps that don't give xp.
  6. Ishbu Augur

Xp with the bonus is incredibly fast and we still have 35 weeks before AAs. Plenty of time to casually level up, make a couple acts and do whatever you want in game
  7. taliefer Augur

even without the 50% bonus, the exp rate on mangler is going to be really nice. i've already actually started leveling a real alt, not a bardbox to just sing in the corner, for the first time since lockjaw. no real intent to raid with it. its actually fun to just make progress on a character again.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

They got Mangler's xp perfect. It's a little quick right now with the bonus, but will be just fine when the bonus drops off. Remember each expansion is 12 weeks. You can easily grind to max level asap if that is the playstyle you want to go with, or you can take your time and still have weeks to spend playing at max level.

Coirnav was an absolutely horrible experience and a complete nightmare to level on, so hopefully they never revert to that type of experience rate again.
  9. Telvanus Journeyman

I like the xp here as well. I am too old to be grinding out levels early 2000's style. I've done that enough over the years in many games, and I am done with it.
    Faydark likes this.
  10. kjempff Elder

Any not level 50 now ? or at least 40.
    11 more weeks of 2000 players at max level in classic .. 3 month unlock with that little content is a classic joke.. get it classic?. Followed by 3 months in kunark, where you can try to do your epic competing on openworld mobs with 2000 other players, or make alt number 200 because that is what kunark is great for.
    Xp should be snail pace to make sense with a 3 month schedule starting in classic.
    Sturn likes this.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Perhaps get out inside once a blue moon.
    Take in a show or some other activities.
  12. Ishbu Augur

This is a bad reply. If your answer to someone talking about what to do in a game is spend less time playing said game, just dont reply.

Pushing people away is the same as saying find something else and stop playing EQ. It's completely unhelpful no matter where the discussion is
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Person I quoted is complaining like everyone's 50 and he has nothing to do and that experience should be wicked slow. Perhaps he needs to go back to Coirnav or step outside and do another activity.

These folks who also think they have nothing to do are the same folks who play 10 hours a day whether the experience is fast or slow. No one wants that period.

Perhaps if he didn't waste all his free time on a single hobby and managed his time effectively he would not get bored so quickly.
  14. Ishbu Augur

If you said try another server with an xp style for suited to your tastes such as Cornivav then that would be a good reply.

Saying go outside is not
  15. Ceffener Augur

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious .
    Killer Rabbits likes this.
  16. Nykara2 Elder

Mangler xp is perfect now just how it is with the bonus. Great for folks who can't play 24/7. My char is level 20 and I feel as if I can make 50 and do some gear camping before the next expansion hits.
    Faydark likes this.
  17. Gomorrah Journeyman

Okay I've played every night since it opened (except 1) for 3-4 hours. I'm at lvl 23. Dreading the end of March, but maybe the exp won't be so bad? Either way, honestly, for normal, family type people who have a job, and family who actually like them, this is pretty damn good.

Shouldn't you be on live somewhere, grinding out your 35th thousand AA?
    Nykara2 and Faydark like this.
  18. Khale Journeyman

I'm only level 12 and taking my time. Of course, I have had limited play time thus far but I do like the exp rate as it is.
  19. Zephiron Elder

I suggest everyone gets out more. What, make everquest your life, that is an unhealthy choice all around.
  20. Ishbu Augur

For all you know, the person you were replying to has a job where they work outside 50 hours a week.

The only relevant thing here is eq. Trying to speak down on anything else especially when you are uneducated about the status of the person you are lecturing is not needed and completely unhelpful
    Faydark likes this.