Mangler a dead server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quill, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Kigaz New Member

So, to you, a fairly timely manner equals at least as fastest as the fastest attempt?

Hrm...
  2. Dabrixmgp Augur

I think most people are proly laughing at Selos. When I read the stuff on FoH forums I pray those people arent serious. If they are then some people need therapy, or to get laid, or both. 20 year old game is serious business.
  3. Horathmir Elder

Nope, Mangler is not dead ... everyone from the horribly broken Selo's has been restarting on Mangler all weekend long.
  4. Meridian Augur

This pretty much nailed it. Those types all went to Selo.
  5. a_librarian Augur

gonna be thinking about this post in 11 months when the fast xp FV loot TLP is announced
  6. Quill Augur

I figured they'd at least clear the server before Selos, where guilds had to overcome 3 expansions + Classic to your Classic.

And you're already well past the point where you could get the fastest completion. So take your time...
  7. Innyman New Member

He knows for a FACT Selos race is taking all the oxygen and nobody has really cared about Mangler. The all knowing and all assuming Trollquill.

Quill is obviously trolling. He sounds like a person that probably doesn't even play anymore, just reads the forums and wants to participate in some way.
  8. Kigaz New Member

At this point I agree 100%.
  9. Tierdal Augur

what happened to mangler? it looks cool but i couldnt handle another slow grind
  10. Fizon Augur

Nothing happened to mangler hell just the other day there was a 10 min que to log in. No bat phones and poopsocks. It's been kinda nice and relaxed. If the foh forums are any guide I imagine mangler will only see a population increase from here on out for a while.
  11. Gomorrah Journeyman

I love mangler. It is even better than old eq, because it's easier to get a group now. Thanks you crazy DBG guys, its fun.
    Faydark likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The couple days I spent chilling on Mangler is pretty telling how big the population difference is between it and Selo. Selo needs a drastic experience increase otherwise it's just going to hemorrage population with no chance of new players keeping up.

Those players that don't mind 3 month unlocks and a classic start are probably having a blast on Mangler, the community seems to be thriving.
    Ishbu likes this.
  13. Guzzle Augur

Mangler has been fantastic to us so far. We didnt even plan to raid for the first two weeks, but with the numbers we had get leveled we opted to go split farm tonight to help our members gear up. As far as I see it, we're ahead of (our) schedule.

No guild on Mangler is interested in racing. No guild on Mangler even cares about (competing for) open world content.

What's the rush? We've got like 6 months of clearing this content.

Heck, we got together with Mess to kill open world Naggy and Vox to open the planes and hole with a relatively small number of people. We don't really have any interest in posting about our kills on some kill tracker website. The experience rate affords us to be casual, and none of us are tryharding.

So, no, Mangler is not dead. Mangler has a pretty great community so far, and I thank Selo for sucking up all the undesirables and putting them in a little place to flex their muscles. Mangler is better for it.

Enjoy Selo!
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. Xhartor Augur

If you hit twitch and search for everquest, which server has more streams available to watch?
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just goes to show what people say constantly, and I sum up as modern EQ is EQ on steroids. Gear helps a ton, but the innate player power creep in general is very real. Mobs die fast, fast exp is predicated on charm and mage pets, and of course the inesescapable fact that Bobbybick Allakhazam has literally laid out just about every bit of EQ info you could want.
    Ishbu likes this.
  16. Steve123 Lorekeeper

As long as you're running uBlock and NoScript.. otherwise Allakhabick is just feeding you intrusive ads and shitware.
  17. Rotlust Augur

I can confirm this is true. The one month unlock realization is starting to hit people and Luclin is six weeks. The AA grind is ridiculous, too. The only good thing is starting in Luclin.

I made a huge $ investment on selo, and I'm seriously considering moving to mangler.

I'm going to give DB a couple of days to address the AA XP issue and see how much that helps before making the leap, though.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

I feel bad for anyone who claimed those once-per-account bags on Selos :D
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Aa experience is really going to hurt toons but not sure it will drive people away. My guess is people just won't aa much. Is a guild really going to kick a member they can't replace? Tlps dont have a history of growing populations. You've got to want to "see it all" to last on that server and really no other tlp is like that.

If you just casually want to play some eq then selo was definitely the wrong choice. Unfortunately for mangler, it's not unique and we have every reason to believe it will be replaced come luclin or pop.

Shame of it all is I'm not trolling, but just pointing out obvious patterns.
  20. Steve123 Lorekeeper

Yeah I'd be charging that back asap. By this point if you aren't making new accounts on these servers so you can charge back every dime when they inevitably screw something up, then shame on you.