those annoying elevators

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Mar 23, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Many times Ive been trying to get to a lower level and find the elevator shaft empty so I jump down it, and the elevator chooses that moment to come up. No one pushed the button, it just decided on its own. So I have to ride the elevator all the way up and then all the way down again. Its annoying and there is no reason for it. Please either leave it at the floor where the last rider got off, or even better - always leave it at the bottom.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya the elevator's are really bad. You ride it to the top and it instantly goes back down giving you a split second to get off before you get stuck riding it back down and up again.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

what elevators are you specifically talking about?
  4. svann Augur

GMM
  5. Captain Video Augur

They are clockwork elevators. Working as intended.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

The elevator to see the Grand Librarian in PoK is like that too, super annoying.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm forever falling through the floor of the blasted thing!
    Elevators have always been bad, damn gnomes need shooting!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Shadows Journeyman

The best ones are in Meldrath's Majestic Mansion... Made for some fun times back in the day while doing that raid, especially when trash mobs joined the party. The elevators could have counted for their own DKP event... "Elevator (attempt)"...

I was back there not long ago doing the raid for old time's sake and got blocked from the upper floor because of the elevators, forcing me to drop the expedition and get a new one. Some things never change.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, first (virtual)world problems ;)

My addition to the complaint.... going down with a lev buff, and you have to point your camera view down and follow the elevator floor, or it takes minutes to get to the bottom!
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

11. Bigstomp Augur

Elevators are amazing. Talk to the tanks. They can tell you how to use them effectively. Especially those who's names start with T.

They LOVE elevators
  12. svann Augur

I wouldnt normally complain but you located the 4 ph for Tatters such that it requires 2 elevator rides up and then 2 rides back down to cover them all.
  13. Axxius Augur

Get off the mount before riding elevators. Mounts trigger them somehow.
  14. svann Augur

I dont use a mount - Im a bard.
  15. Nniki Augur

NPCs, mercs, and pets (charmed, swarm, etc.) will all trigger it too.
  16. Bumkus Elder

i found it best to run everyone into elevator when empty, then let the platform pass through your head. hard to time everyone running in at same time, because the platform goes up by itself. must be pressure activated
  17. Greymantle Augur

There are activation buttons for them. Some on the wall facing when there is no enclosure. I have found falling down the shaft will trigger them to operate as well just be shrunk and quick to get out. No worse or better than any of the other elevators in the game.
  18. Captain Video Augur

I assume devs expect all players to be familiar with using the "practice" elevator in Crescent Reach.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Tevik Augur

...how about auras?
  20. Nniki Augur

I wasn't able to get my aura or echo to trigger it.