Mangler: Box Army hell

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Old School, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Old School Journeyman

Full groups of mage boxes farming all content, without any care for groups, camps or other players. No GM's to moderate or policing heinous activity. Second week, max level campers zone picking camps in all prime locations. Was excited to be back, now I am just despondent and sickened.
    Elsana and Lakeland like this.
  2. Callan New Member

Same complaints rinse & repeat every time a new TLP opens, ever since the Krono was added EQ died & Kronoquest began. These mage box armies are the same people that travel to every new TLP to take advantage of any new or returning noob players in order to farm krono off them. Its a win/win for DBG cause these new or noob players are forced to buy krono in exchange for these mage perma camped items thats why nothing is done to them no matter what evidence you have.
  3. Lakeland Lorekeeper

The box loving community will tell you box armies don’t ruin the game and they are Gods gift to MMOs and we should be happy they are here. Anyone who has two working brain cells that function understands the only people that don’t see box bots are a problem probably box themselves.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"The box loving community will tell you box armies don’t ruin the game and they are Gods gift to MMOs and we should be happy they are here."

I call BS. Provide just one example, please.

Sometimes hyperbole makes your point weaker, not stronger.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Looks like our troll is back. It is BS.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Can you hear it dudez?

"Heinous"

I tell you... just heinous.... Oh the humanity :D
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Bill and Ted, is that you?

BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  8. Fluid Augur

IMHO: Bot armies are a minor nuisance but only minor. I've played a fair amount of TLP and there are only a couple of places where they bother people and those areas are pretty much pits I avoid anyway. For instance Hill Giants in Rathe. Shouldn't be news, but that place has always been hell with kill stealing and bad behavior. True, a little worse with bot armies but it is like the choice between painful rectal itch and getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick: Just avoid both.

Anybody worried about pp farming Hill Giants on a TLP server is probably not doing it right: Just level. While the popular leveling areas <can you say Unrest?> have the primo areas camped, there is always somewhere to level. There are paths you can take that give you both levels and pp. I was looking at some of my old characters that I abandoned/neglected at fairly low levels, below 50 anyway, on TLP servers and some have ~20k pp just from taking the right strategies.
  9. Nykara2 Elder

Got a spot or 4 for me to solo/duo at level 27 on mangler that isn't already camped to bits? Feeling very stalled right now. We only get a few hrs play time a day which is night time aussie time.

Skells in OOT now LB. Spiders in Everfrost now LB. Mammoths are very few. All the dungeons are camped with full groups, we can't really wait for hrs there as hubby works during the day. Aviaks most are getting too low level and they are always camped (SK) and the gnolls outside of splitpaw don't exist anymore and weren't returned for tlp.

Interested to know where your there is always some place to level is for us.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Come to a live server, and those camps are open all of the time :)
  11. Nykara2 Elder

How does that help my tlp char?! :eek:

I actually have a bunch of live chars and we play there on friday night's with a friend who is f2p.

I really want to like Mangler but I don't think I will much until Kunark goes live. I didn't realise just how few good open world solo areas existed in vanilla and just how many more open up with Kunark, Vellious and Luclin.

Next time I get it in my head to join a tlp I will wait 3 months for Kunark :')
    Elsana likes this.
  12. a_librarian Augur

I high keep for that level range. You can hunt goblins in the basement or guards upstairs. Each floor generally has a different level range of guards. The guards drop good money so they very well could be prema camped along with every other money camp. The goblins are a semi popular spot mostly for nostalgia value, but it was common to find them uncamped in my time in classic on other TLPs.

You can try the centuars in SK too, and probably try the entrance area of Splitpaw in a few levels.
  13. Chalkstix Journeyman

I agree that bot armies are definitely still an issue. Truebox helps, but I still see armies running all over the place on Selo too.
    Most of them say they legitimately box the characters on x amount of computers, but I often see mages standing up and casting at the exact same timestamp, then sitting down again. Maybe it's just someone with more than 2 hands, but I suspect a keystroke is being sent to multiple accounts, which is against server rules. The thing about server rules, however, is that if they're not enforced, they're just text in a document.
    Lagerale likes this.
  14. Goozmania New Member

I would not recommend any new TLP servers, thanks to the introduction of Kronoquest. Existing TLP servers past PoP, however, are fun and playable. Agnarr will likely be the refuge for whatever people end up quitting the new servers, but maintaining their sub. Box armies are gone from Agnarr and Coirnav.
  15. Fluid Augur

I almost always go to Mountains of Rathe and kill giant skeletons until I can handle cyclops. The hill where they are is right at the zone in from Lake Rathetear. So just go from SK to lake, zone into Mountains. You may want some side diversions on the way. The gnolls right at the zone in from SK-lake drop some TLP level loot like Runed Totem Staff and armor that sells pretty well. There are other paths like gators/crocs in Desert of Ro all the way up to Spectre's but that is on the other side of the continent from you.
  16. Nykara2 Elder

My char is a druid traveling isn't the issue.

Crocs are crazy camped abd became bad xp about 4/5 levels ago. There aren't even close enough to enough deep water crocs to keep the area viable once the camains and crocs go green.

Im 27 even lockjaw is only 25. The deepwater crocs are level 20.
    Rathe Mountains is a joke. Everything there is super camped with s wait list. (Remember how I said we have a few hrs per night?)

Theres no downtime on mangler, just a teeny tiny bit less busy.

I didn't see any DBs in HK except for the guards and they like my druid so i don't really wanna destroy the faction
  17. Conq Augur

Please take your TLP complaints and concerns and heinous hyperbole to the TLP forums.
    Conq
    Aurastrider and Tatanka like this.
  18. Traxxus New Member

I've been on Mangler for just over a week now and the only bots I've noticed are in the EC tunnel. My suggestion is to give the old LFG tool a shot. It actually works. If the money camps are taken "/pick" usually takes care of the problem.
    Fluid likes this.
  19. Fluid Augur

Traxxyus, I think you may have hit the nail on the head with /pick I've been through several TLP server starts and /pickzone actually works best in some of the most crowded zones. You may not get the FP room in Unrest but you are sure to find a pick with the yard to yourself.