Returning Player, norm or progression server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Odessya, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Odessya New Member

Hello all. My husband and I are returning to the game after maybe a 10 year break LOL. We are going to be playing very casually. Maybe just a couple of times a week. We are trying to decide if it would be better to stick with the normal servers and utilize the help of our mercs and faster xp gain, or try out a progression server and probably be behind the pace. Thanks in advance for advice.
  2. raylone New Member

live has gear that will give you and edge it also drops like candy an easy to buy for plat it also has a lot of bells an whistles add to the UI that are lacking in some TLP . i cant say which TLP is best but if you want be casual F2P ( free to play ) and just learn and have fun go live, can always pay later and try mangler server as it has a very slow unlock rate and you get too see a very different game versus live
  3. So Happy Augur

Not been active recently (health issues) but as always, Test Server is the place to play casually. You get the benefits of an all access account and a wonderful community. If you have characters already you can /testcopy them over.
  4. koook Elder

If you're wanting groups..
    If you want to find groups fast i'd try mang or selos since they're packed with players without guilds n stuff.

if you want to jump right to live, my only exp is that you wont find much grouping on the Firiona Vie server.

If you want to play really casually yet do high end stuff, maybe Agnarr would fit best (thats where I play)
    It's capped at POP/Loy forever, I'm occasionally finding full groups (non boxed) in the 30s now (1-10 wasnt fun last week)
  5. dundada3100 Elder

if you arent going to box then go TLP. if you can 3 box go Live cause thats a full group once you add in Mercs.
  6. Odessya New Member

Thanks folks