"Premium" TLP Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dagenfehl, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Dagenfehl Journeyman

Had an idea, that a few others appeared to agree with. Apparently, it's not a new one, but hell. I had an idea, I did something about it instead of ranting in general.

It seems a somewhat "large" following of the community would like to see a No-Krono server, and a Free-Trade server. - So here's the idea. What about creating a "Premium TLP" server? An additional $4.99/$9.99 a month to play on a server, so that kronos wouldn't have a purpose - it doesn't cover the premium.

The server could be set up as a free-trade server, no krono, and "premium".

Daybreak Games would earn an additional +$X every month per account on the server, they could allow boxing to increase profits, leave the store open as an option for further purchases, allow free-trade to encourage players to trade items and use plat/other items for the economy, and it wouldn't allow the use of a krono. Those who play EQ on Krono subscriptions would have to pay the premium price to play. In essence, you could use a krono, pay the additional +$X and log into the server. Kronos would be no-trade on here.
    Lakeland and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Candystore Augur

The fact all loot in classic is tradeable is what drives box armies and farmers to TLP. You will need to do something about the loot in classic itself if you want to change anything. Live servers use Krono too, but Krono doesn't impact these servers in any significant way, because good loot on live is no-trade. Very little will change on TLP if you only remove Krono, platinum will just be exchanged and sold instead.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Protagonist Tank

They tried a premium server, many years ago. It didn't work then either.
    mobias66 and Dagenfehl like this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

What would you want to receive on this server other than no kronos? Hopefully not premium GM support at that rate.

At $4.99 a month I am quite sure you won't even be covering their loss from krono income. Probably not at $9.99 a month either.
  5. Gremin Augur

Actually it worked great, than things like wow happened, recessions, new games to siphon off players etc. It was very popular for about 2 years.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

It was the shortest lived EQ server and had the lowest pop of any of them. You can argue it was fun, but it wasn't successful.
  7. snailish Augur

Phinny keeping it's special rules as a live server would be a premium server. Or Selos...
  8. Zanarnar Augur

want to fix RMT? its simple.

ALL drops are no_trade.
    ALL corpses never unlock (so you cannot sell loot rights)
    DISABLE multi-questing

Thats all. Goodbye RMT. Won't help against box armies but it might give them less reason to play there.
    ch0rny and Lakeland like this.
  9. Nykara2 Elder

I'm willing to bet they would just become plat sellers since everything being no drop isn't really feasable for any server.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

To what end though? You only need so much plat for spells and skills... plat sellers work because people can sell items, or loot rights, or . This would be a server without a player economy of course, but that is the only way I can think of to eliminate RMT from eq totally.
  11. Protagonist Tank

It would eliminate RMT in the same way Fippy eliminated RMT - by having no players on the server, at all.
    Accipiter, code-zero and Appren like this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

oh ya, I wouln't want to play there either. That is the problem though, the only things that would stop RMT would also ruin the game.
  13. Ceffener Augur

You make gear only tradeable to group members there at time of kill...it works.
  14. Protagonist Tank

And watch how many healers show up to camp that FBSS, or tanks for that SMR.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

The obvious middle ground would just be all gear is no trade. It wont stop people from selling loot rights but this would produce an added step to the process of selling for money/krono which would impact the script kids who are "playing" 24/7. It would be really hard to sell loot rights if you are not actually at the computer to sell them. I think the RMT people would stick around long enough to deal with the hassle until something like a free trade server opens and then quickly ditch the no trade server for something more lucrative. Heck even a standard drop server would be more profitable to these guys.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Gingyr Elder

I'm not following the logic here. Are you saying that a melee, once they have obtained their own FBSS would continue to camp it even though they couldn't sell it? I'm seeing no reason they wouldn't move to a different camp that would benefit someone else.
  17. raylone New Member

he saying the opposite healer an tanks who gain nothing will not sit in that camp when their can be other no drop camps with caster gear they could xp at
  18. BraxKedren Journeyman

DBG has shown they have no desire to earn money through true store purchases or items and would rather allow Krono farmers to do the work for them.

Want proof?

The EQ20 $20 bag pack would have been the perfect pack to allow people to burn $100 to DBG so that they could have an inventory full on 100% bags yet they capped this pack at 1 per account.

Hell they could have made it so that you could purchase the pack multiple times and use it on different servers and still would have made a ton of money. They didn't want this they want to allow massive Raid boxes that farm content and force players to purchase Krono instead.

As much as I'm enjoying the game EQ is, I'll never purchase Krono and once Classic WoW comes will probably never be back in EQ after this.

It's not the game that ruins EQ for me it's the company managing the game that ruins it.
  19. Ceffener Augur

Works in every other MMO...amazing.
  20. snailish Augur

^Nailed it.