GMM "95+" but really just for 110s

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by john5, Mar 22, 2019.

1. john5 Lorekeeper

"in a series of 11 new quests, 2 heroic adventures, and 1 mission for seasoned players level 95 and above!"

In reality the only thing players L95 through L105 can do is the first HA "The Darkness Howls", which will scale to your group's average level. However, it only drops L110 gear no matter what level you are. After this HA, the next quest "What's Cooking?" is impossible without a proper L110 tank, as the very first kill target "an iron chef" is L110 and acts as a raid boss (No pet tanking). I don't own TBL on my many, many accounts as it's too expensive, and I was greatly disappointed at the realization that it's not actually for players L95 and up. It's tuned, balanced and itemized for L110s, and them alone. I am not sure why you even teased the rest of us with the claim we could participate. Maybe some of that could be forgiven if the HAs dropped L105 gear, but I read the thread about the GMM charms, and how Ngreth "ran out of time" making those, so I know there was no hope of any other sets of gear. I think it's really sad that you can even plan to develop a zone like this without enough time to finish it. I suppose it's a miracle we get anything new at all from that skeleton crew...

I don't know anything about the raids but I know that, in the event that there were an open "pickup" raid on my server, the organizers would say "106+", as they do with even EoK and RoS open raids, so there is no chance of a L95 seeing the inside of one of the 3 raids. Not happening.

What gives? How are we supposed to "help celebrate EQ's 20th anniversary" if only max level players get to participate? I know there are a lot of things made for max level players, and that it's the norm, but this should have been more casual and accessible for all. So far, my efforts have resulted in a half bag of L110 gear I won't get to use for at least 2 years, and one mission completed with no way to fight the top guilds for named camps, and no possiblity of participating in a raid. Yaaaay. *lights firework*

The game truly has become pay to win, even with "free" stuff.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yes 95+ is probably misleading.

But this is not an example of it being pay to win. They made a zone for the bulk of their continuing subscribing and expansion purchasing player base. If they hadn’t and they had made a zone aimed at lower levels if would see far less use. The rewards wouldn’t have been worth the time for the bulk of the players.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

At least you can level up to 110 and use the stuff, we can't level down to use level 95 gear! Get out of here necro sac.
  4. Frael Elder

If you're going to take 2 years to get 15 levels, it's not the devs fault.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cicelee like this.
  5. Zantor Augur

I took it as, you have to be at least level 95 to be able to be in the mission, a way go get lower level toons / alts exp and gear they can wear later on.
  6. Thraine Augur

time to level up man!
  7. Morthakia Augur

I think what he is saying is that he doesn’t buy the expansions or pay the subscription, so he won’t be able to reach level 110 until it becomes FTP and and EoK/RoS are open to non-paying customers.

As far as I’m concerned, “Pay-to-Win” applies to getting additional power through buying items in the marketplace. Pay-to-Win isn’t about buying the latest expansion and actually paying the monthly subscription. Of course you need to do those things to be able to access current content!!! I have no sympathy if you’re expecting access to 100% of the game without paying a dime.
  8. Kinadorm Augur

I do think the gear here should be changed to a required level of 105 instead of 110. It would also be nice if it wasn't all prestige.
  9. Frael Elder

It's prestige, he still wouldn't be able to wear it. EoK is already open to non-paying customers.

FTP players don't get to wear the current best in slot group gear.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I'm not sure why they advertised 95+. Maybe they targeted 95+ initially, didn't get the time to make it truly 95+, but never fixed the advertisement. Or maybe they're planning on altering to be 95+ in the future.
  11. Morthakia Augur

My apologies, you’re right. I meant RoS / TBL. You’re also right on the prestige part. Bottom line is that he has unrealistic expectations for this content.
  12. Gundolin Augur

The group stuff you can easily carry a couple of 95's through it with a group of 110's.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Can you carry level 1s through it too? Do the level 1s get any less benefit from the level 95s?
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm assuming they said 95+ because I would guess 95 is the lowest level you can be to do most quests. I would guess one level 95 in a group of level 110s could do quests.

That said, if you are level 95 to 109 and can't use the items and are not going to level up soon, the other anniversary quests from previous years might have some items for you.

It is unfortunate that there is not more things for the anniversary. Unless we get another few hundred thousand subscribers, we have to deal with what we get. I would just be happy if they continue to release expansions (with enough content), because that would keep the game alive.

I always worry they will announce one day there are no more expansions or that the "expansions" become so tiny as to be worthless.

TL;DR: I'm happy to get anything considering the current situation of very very few developers.
  15. Buri Augur

You expect to take 2 years to get from 95 to 110? I expect that to take about 2 weeks, casually playing about 3 nights a week. My advice would be to stop spending so much time with "many, many accounts", concentrate on one, join a decent guild, and you'll be 110 in no time. Your destiny is in your own hands.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  16. Newbasaurus Journeyman

Really, what do you expect the Devs to do? If you walked in there with 3 lvl 95 toons and 3 mercs and facerolled it, you'd have nothing to "work towards". It's a permanent addition to the game so you don't have to rush to be able to handle it. Really you should be thanking them for adding a zone, that requires no progression, that I know of, to get better group gear, for the most part, than secret dawn gear. I haven't spent much time in there, but we did fight one named mob and it was a yellow con. Go to RoS and look for a yellow con named. They're pretty hard to find, and I don't mean Scaled Key drop named mobs. Opening up the zone to 95s and up allows people to come along with others and see the zone and experience it and get some gear for the future.

Wouldn't you say most new content, when it releases, isn't a cakewalk right away (hush you raid geared people).

The Devs can't please everybody, with a case in point, there is another forum article where someone is complaining the risk vrs the reward isn't right and people are saying leave it how it is.

I can understand you want to jump into new content and enjoy it, but there is probably more players at 110, so they are probably catering to the masses.

You say you couldn't afford TBL, but if you have a tank, have you looked at the anniversary merchant and seen the new mount. It gives mount blessing uzah, which will probably be higher than your mount blessing since you don't have TBL. Something you should think about getting while the, temporary, anniversary missions are here.
  17. Natal Augur

"95+" just means that toons level 95 or higher can reasonably fight in the zone in some form. Considering that the mobs are around Alaris level difficulty even though they con dark blue/white to a 110, that should not be a problem. A 95-105 player could likely get very good experience in GMM. Use the zone to level up.
  18. Xarbokk Elder

I don't think you understand what P2W means...
  19. Riou EQResource

It's actually decent exp for lower then 110 toons, if you bring a ~102 with the 110s, you get 1% reg exp a kill in the HA

Not bad for mobs any 110 raider should kill in like 20s by themselves each :p
  20. Whulfgar Augur

I knew .. at least ONE .. person in all of EQ would try to portray GMM .. as "bad" for what ever reason they are crying about ..

I can't believe it took this long.. LMFAO