GMM Mission - Ironing out the Legion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mimibella, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mimibella New Member

Can anyone help with step 6? The busy mobs - mechanic and chanters warp off and spawn additional mobs in a strange way that seems unkillable.
    Are we missing something?
  2. PaulieIrish Journeyman

I had same problem with step 3, suspicious mechanics I think. I pulled the 2 helicopters guarding the room, was beating them down when the next room fully aggroed - about 4 whites and a yellow named. I lost aggro and then all ~7 mobs were linked when pulled and could not be split.

Hoping its a bug, cuz there's no way I can 3 box that many mobs...
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This encounter mechanic is intended. The 'Busy' mobs throw an emote "I love you. But I must get back to work." - or something like that. Then they disengage and are 'Busy' for a few seconds. Then become active again. This stage took me about 10 minutes due to this mechanic plus the long respawn time
  4. Zulan Lorekeeper

Bump.
    Two nights in a row I've wasted my time on this mission. For me, it's freezing on the exact same update:

"Stop whatever those Iron Legion mechanics are up to"

Every single kos mob in the zone, is dead. Last night I figured I would just /exit and try again the next day. Tonight I killed everything to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Devs, can you please look into this coding for this task, somewhere at the secret mechanic stage, upon deaths, it's not updating the task (even if you kill them really fast before yellow con mob).
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I'm fairly certain it's bugged on this step, however you can get past it.

What we did is run into the room with the mechanics and burn them down as soon as they spawned. Just max full burn on them, then clean up the rest of the mobs in the room. If they spawn the spider guy, it's a failure from what I've seen
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

That is what we did last night. After taking out the ticking device, we ran into the south room of the museum and went straight for the secretive mechanics. We took them down fast enough so that the spider didn't spawn.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Some times.. even on this very weak content you have to actually use burns.. this be 1 of those times..
    Sissruukk likes this.
  8. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Are you able to kill the mechanic that stands by himself near the statue on the NorthWest of the spider room? Every time I engage him and get him to about 30%, we are ported out of the zone with no emote.

Does anyone else get this behavior?

Maybe I'm just taking too long to kill the mechanics, and thus it's an auto-fail?

Thanks.
  9. Ssdar Augur

I've been able to beat this without burns, I actually waited til they spawned the spider, killed the spider first, then killed the active mechanics, then the one that doesn't attack back, and got the update. Have repeated this 3 times successfully. I have also had the task get stuck at the busy mobs at 9/10 though without a 10th ever spawning so seems like there may still be quite a few bugs with this one. When it bugs out I just drop, start over, and it works the next time.
    Yendar likes this.
  10. Greymantle Augur

There is an auto fail in this. The only way we have been able to complete the mission is to stop the gnomes from activating the bellows spider. Then it worked fine.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The only way I was able to complete the mission was to allow the spider to activate, then kill the spider, THEN kill the gnomes.
  12. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I have tried this 3 times precisely this way, and it has failed every single time.

1. I kill the first round of suspicious mechanics with the twirling bot in the first room.
    2. I move towards the second room and pull 2 helicopter mobs.
    3. I go fully into the spider room, wait for the spider to spawn, and kill it.
    4. I now kill the 2 gnomes who summoned the spider.
    5. I start working on the third gnome (suspicious mechanic) who is sitting next to a statue. He won't aggro or come to me. I have to stand on the pedestal to kill him. Every time he gets about half way dead, I get ported out of the zone completely, and the mission is completely removed from my task list.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.
  13. Mazame Augur

Ok you are on the right path.
    Yes the spider needs to Die first but that doesn't mean you can't DPS the Suspicious mechanic before.

I dps the mechanic down to 30% while I wait on the spider. that way when you kill the spider the other are low life and you can kill them quicker.

You getting ported out is because they completed their task and you fail the mission. This happen to me when I was mezed and was not able to kill them fast enough.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This mission definitely seems bugged. When we first tried it, it took us 3 attempts. The first 2, we kill the second set of lookouts, engaged the 3 mechanics, they stood there and let us beat on them until the spider spawned, then all 4 aggro'd. Killed all 4, no update. We were only able to get past this step when we full burned on the 3 mechanics and killed them before the spider spawned.

I'm somewhat certain there is only supposed to be 1 mechanic on this step since they were stacked directly on top of each other.
  15. Laronk Augur

I did burn to get past this point but my group was warrior beastlord shaman bard in conflag gear. I feel that a normal full group should be able to get past this step without burning easily. Also I think that radiant cure can remove the mez maybe if your healer is paying attention
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Kill them faster.

"Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
  17. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I was able to get past this part by burning down the gnomes before they could summon the spider. So, for me, killing the gnomes asap was better than waiting for the spider.

However, when you have to kill the 10 busy gnomes, I failed miserably. I did not understand how this was going to work, and between them charming me and running away/losing aggro, I didn't come close to this part. I think I killed 5 of the 10. I definitely need to set my mercs to burn, but I'm still not sure I'll have enough DPS to kill them off. I'll have to give it another go.
  18. Mazame Augur

"burning down the gnomes before they could summon the spider." When we did this the Scroll that you get on your cursor did not show up. You need the scroll for the last update so I guess burning them works as long as you get the scroll. For us we had to let the spider spawn to get the scroll.

As for the 10 busy gnomes. there is only 3 up to start Put all your focus on one of them and kill it till it dead. if it drops aggro just follow it when it runs off and then re aggro it. it only stay off aggro for a few sec. Then move to the next. We got all 3 dead before any more spawned but if they are time you can follow the same pattern. From what I can tell there was no time limit on this part you just have to keep reaggroing them to keep them from destroying forge
  19. Moreau New Member

I have experienced this exact problem (stuck at 9/10) on four occasions now. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Thank you for posting. Yes, starting over is the only option for now.
  20. Zinloz New Member

Just want to add in that the one time we got to the busy gnome section we also only got 9/10 spawns; 10th was not on track and didn't pop after probably 10~ minutes of waiting around.