Flipping HA's for named.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorrpio Augur

Lets compare a few things objectively. I come to a zone, and I set up camp for a particular name. If zone has 15 min respawn, it means I get a shot at the name every 15 min. If name has multiple PH, and I can clear them all, then I get multiple shots each spawn cycle. And if name does spawn, and I kill it and loot it, am I locked out? Nope, I can stay there and keep at it, over and over. Is that an exploit? AND I get good xp for killing the regular mobs, so even if I get just PHs, I will wak away with some AA under my belt.

The named in HA count towards same hunter achievements. Their loit table is on par with regular zone names. So why should I be restricted to a single shot only every 6 hours? Cause it is just a shot. If name in HA were guaranteed, it would be another matter. Oh and name in HA usually pops about 75% of progress in, or at very end, no biggie for some HA, but for some it can be a solid chunk of time. And if I decide to flip I forfeit xp and HA currency. Sure it is a tradeoff for not having to worry about camp being taken.

Now lets examine what was deemed exploit. People would run a mission and then use a loophole to loot the [guaranteed] chest AND not get the timer. Even on that, DBG did nothing until the Cactiki incident where people could get a chestful of loot every 4-5 min. Now THAT is wrong.
    Jhenna_BB, Yinla, Sancus and 6 others like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I normally agree with you but the risk vs reward just isn't there for flipping them for profit or gear for that matter. It makes much more sense to just finish and use the currency to buy tradable gear to sell or buy gear upgrades for a toon. Collections are the only real thing someone could exploit and even then a lot take significant effort to even spawn and then collect.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Snack Augur

I wasn't aware this was not within the spirit of the game. I ended up buying a Thunder Gun Painting because of my poor luck with the RNG. If I had to run the missions and sit on lockouts to pick it up myself, it would have been one of those time sinks that makes me take a break from the game.
  4. Tappin Augur

The rate at which rare spawn may be partly determined by the lockout timer. They could have made rare mobs spawn less because of the potential to 'flip' or they could have made them spawn more because of the lockout timer.

The dev's have said use moderation when comes to instance zones. So, flipping them for long periods of time is asking for suspension or ban.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I want my GMM augment now! Not in two weeks! How am I supposed to raid and group and solo without that GMM augment? Especially since there is nothing from the chest that would benefit me, so why should I complete the GMM mission when I can chain the mission until named spawns?

Says a_raider001
  6. jeskola pheerie

I am pretty sure dropping an HA and restarting it in order to complete Hunter achievements is within the defined rules. There are absolutely no rules defining when you can drop a mission and request it again - it is all controlled by in-game timer mechanics and mission lockouts, etc.

Exploiting a bug for final completion rewards (chest or currency) without a lockout is against the rules, and a completely different topic. People are getting these two scenarios mixed up. I love my bandwidth is trolling, or freaking out for no reason, or both.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.