GMM RAID WIN !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Yimin Augur

Who was first to beat the GMM raid ? Can we get a list !

YiMin
  2. Maedhros High King

We beat Gmm sometime Sunday night, but it's been tradition that raids that are not part of progression are not raced for and therefore any list tends to be of lesser value.
    Drogba and Sancus like this.
  3. Cadira Augur

MS beat them all Monday night, props to Rote on a Sunday win! And props to other guilds who have won as well. That second event is fun and a bit challenging!
  4. feeltheburn Augur

As stated, not really a race there, but for informational purposes Triton beat them all Sunday night.
  5. Xorsazis Augur

Iratus Lepus beat events 1 & 2 Saturday night. We did not return to event three since we had progression to attend to.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

We did not beat the event. We got ole rust bucket to 85% tho.
  7. Israfel Elder

And boy was it fun trying to win an encounter that, due to pathing issues associated [we assume] with the server lag, was harder than it should have been.

That 20th anniversary feels so nostalgic because the game feels like we are on 56k modems :D
    Gyurika Godofwar and Greymantle like this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

We cleared the zone at 6:17pm PST on Sunday, Went there Saturday with 40some including boxes and had a rough go of it :D
  9. Axxius Augur

Triton cleared it on Sunday night as well.
  10. Buri Augur

How difficult a raid is it? Is it more in line with the zone missions, IOW easier than current content? Or more like the current expansion ones?
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

The first one might honestly be the worst due to the DPS requirements, 2nd one you can pretty well zerg. Third is relatively easy when it doesn't bug out, but will also require good DPS to not be overrun with adds (A few are CCable so there's leeway here)

I'd say they're closer to current content raids than RoS level if that helps
    Sancus likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

only tried one of them.
  13. p2aa Augur

If your guild hasn't beaten any TBL event yet, or has only beaten the easy T1 ones (like Fight Fire and General Reparm), it will likely be too harder for such guild. The DPS requirement for the first GMM raid might be too much to handle.
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

RoI did the first and second on Saturday and the third on Sunday.

As a side note: I believe all of them should be nerfed somewhat to make them a bit more accessible for more guilds. (Being anniversary raids and all! And yes, even though they drop BiS non-visibles.) I was kind of sad to see no anniversary-esque items such as augs or whatnot included here. Won’t be any reason to come back after this expansion. Sad panda.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Xeladom like this.
  15. Sancus Augur

The third one is actually really easy, we just didn't completely understand some of the mechanics and did it on hard mode.

I definitely think the first raid should have the DPS req tuned down a bit. I've heard of a few guilds beating it but with ridiculous fight times (40+ minutes). I think the second is okay-ish, it's just rather chaotic.

One option might be to make the instance non-linear, so guilds could try all 3 rather than being stuck behind the dragon.
    Nniki, Xeladom, Scornfire and 3 others like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

They are fun.
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

I agree I feel they get progressively easier as you do them in their current order
    Nniki, Slippry and Thoxsel like this.
  18. Yimin Augur

Lets start posting those ACH people !

YiMin
  19. Endaar Augur

RoV completed 1 and 2 on Sunday, on our second attempt for each. We completed 3 last night, having seemingly spent more time fighting the bugs in the script than the mobs themselves.
  20. Allayna Augur

Buncha heathens! Raiding on Saint Patrick’s Day...