@devs Selo AA Exp not effected by bonus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vexn, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

2. Ceffener Augur

Working as intended™️
    Dythan likes this.
  3. Ceffener Augur

Double Ragefire/Lockjaw in era, not double their current AA XP.

What was Ragefire AA rate when Luclin dropped?
  4. vylo Augur

I feel like there must be something going on, or someone from DBG would have jumped into one of the threads and put this down as a false. I haven't switched to AA yet unfortunately, so I can't determine yet form myself how bad it is, but I am highly doubting this many people are lying or making errors this large.
  5. vylo Augur

Faster than agnarr according to a recent DBG post, and agnarr was roughly double coirnav at least. People are reporting coirnav level aa exp on a server that should be having nearly 6 times as much. Coirnav I would get 2-3% of an AA at 60 in velks OC with a bonus running (leveled up a ranger there during the last bonus event). Agnarr I remember getting around 6-7% a kill. Folks should be pushing ~15% a kill in velks OC if the exp was comparable.
  6. vylo Augur

This is an issue.

We only get 1 month (well 6 weeks for luclin). Phinny got 3 months. Note people are reporting the SAME aa exp as phinny. So this expac we have half the time, same requirement AND we are starting from lvl 1. Come PoP it will be one third the time, same exp rate for AA, only leveling to 65 will be faster.

Here comes a second issue. If the AA is truly well and bugged and at coirnav rates, this may not change during the normal boost expacs. That means we could have to do GoD AA with 1/3 the time of phinny, at LOWER exp rates. Suddenly the "fast" progression server becomes literally the slowest one to date. Even mangler will be moving faster.

This absolutely needs to be investigated and repaired before it kills the server.
    Thalliius likes this.
  7. vylo Augur

Coirnav is still on its regular exp, has anyone gone back to test the rates back to back? I would be interested in knowing. I can't do it apples to apples yet because work is obliterating my play time.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Not a bug, enjoy your hardcore server.
  9. Machentoo Augur

It won't negate the issue.

Auogrant only gives you up to 4 aa-granting expansions behind.

By the end of the level 70 stretch, the only AA's that are autogranted are Luclin. (Or at least supposed to be, it's a little bugged.)

By the time autogrant actually starts giving a decent amount of aa's, we'll be in the eras where we have to earn 1000 a month to keep current.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

It's not false.

It's demonstrably true. Everyone who has hit aaxp on selos knows it.
  11. vylo Augur

I'm just saying I haven't had it demonstrated myself. I'm not really doubting it though, as there are so many folks claiming it and no one denying it. The silence from DBG makes me think something is borked too, otherwise they would come right out and say "na, its fine"
  12. taliefer Augur

has anyone actually tested the exp rates? should be pretty easy to do, if someone has a level 60 on agnarr. they dont have the GoD bonus, so the exp on selo should be pretty much double agnarr. jsut go kill like a shroom in fungus grove on both servers and see.

i think more than anything, this just shows aa grinding in luclin is horrible, and always has been. i cant ever remember hearing people complain a servers exp rate didnt apply to AA before, would be kind of surprising if selo isnt at the actual advanced pace of the server.

i still think its mostly just realization that double speed but 1/3 of the time isnt a ratio for enjoyment, but hard to tell without actual testing if AA exp is actually borked.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Yes. Currently identical on all the pre- GoD servers.
    taliefer likes this.
  14. Lateryn Augur

I still have a 60 on agnarr and its more exp per kill for the same mob then selo(with pot + anni bonus) atm for AA.
    taliefer likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

thats pretty messed up then. really curious how that got borked
  16. Machentoo Augur

My thinking is that it has always been identical on all servers, and the difference between servers up to this point has been too small for us to notice. I think the server based xp rate changes only apply to regular xp.
    snailish likes this.
  17. vylo Augur

That's the confirmation I was looking for.

Agnarr, and this is according to DBG, has slower exp than Ragefire did at launch, and somewhat more than Phinny. We know that mangler is roughly the same as ragefire, and that ragefire was somewhere near 1.7x the speed of phinny. Selo is double mangler. That means selo is definitely above double agnarr's exp rate. I can remember getting 6-7% an AA a kill on Agnarr in OC. That sets a lowball amount of what SHOULD be on selo as 15% an AA a kill. If the reports of 2% are accurate, this is more in line with Coirnav's rate.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  18. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

Check the dev tracker, their concern is more about GMM, servers, and Anniversary. TLP is confirmed not broken.
  19. Fritz30 New Member

Seriously hope this gets fixed, not what I signed up for.
    Ajjantis and Thalliius like this.
  20. Geoff Journeyman

Can we get some response? this is not what was promised and people are quitting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.