TBL and GMM Charm

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, Mar 20, 2019.

1. TenkenTurtle Elder

Every single charm is set as a gains power as you wear more class specific armor from the The Burning lands. Wel for those of us that are slow to upgrade or RoS raid gear to TBL raid gear are charms get stuck in RoS era. Are there any plans to change some of the variables that empower the charms?
  2. Cadira Augur

I was really dissapointed there was not a couple for progression. My alts are in a mix of ros raid and new tbl group and should not upgrade from ros raid so it kinda hurts the charm
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Charms should include the last expansion gear if I remember Ngreth's post correctly. It just won't work with two expansions behind. (Though unsure if that would include group gear in the mix...)
    Cadira likes this.
  4. svann Augur

No I think its the other way. Charms from this expac will continue to work when you upgrade your armor to next expac's armor.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah, could be... it was a while ago when the post was made :)
  6. Axxius Augur

The title says 'GMM charm'? Is there actually one in GMM?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are at least three.
  8. Lianeb Augur

There are no raid charms but there are group charms.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

RoS Armor charm will work with TBL armor (but does not include the evolving gloves and boots)
    TBL Charms will work with armor from the next expansion (and TBL's evolving gloves and boots)

I'm not changing charms at this time because there would be a worse uproar of "Bait and Switch" if I changed them.

The simple fact is, I was out of time, so all TBL charms got the same script. I will attempt to avoid this in the future, but cannot promise.
    IblisTheMage, Gundolin, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  10. smash Augur

Idea, maybe make a copy of the charms, with the same stats, but with other scripts ? Ofc, only if time.
  11. Israfel Elder

I hate to presume that I know how this game works, nor do I want to sound like I am speaking for a Ngreth, but don’t you suppose that this idea may have crossed his mind?

I think it’s safe to assume that “I was out of time, so all TBL charms got the same script,” means it isn’t a copy+paste job and the charm requirement scripts are time consuming.

Additionally, i take “I’m not changing charms at this time” to mean that Ngreth is not only not changing charms, but that he isn’t adding new ones either.

Personally, I think a lot of players need to calm down over all these issues they have with items and itemization. It’s such a temporary part of the game. I don’t want to seem like I’m discouraging good feedback and criticism. For example, some of the feedback on the TBL chase items (and the augs) has been good, but those are items that it seems will be viable for a good while.

Charms are admittedly an odd item in EQ. I think it’d be cool if Ngreth spent some time re-evaluating charms. At the very least, it might be nice if the scripts were easier to replicate so that Ngreth can simply not get stuck with these types of opportunity costs. But if players are stuck in dealing with one expiation where charms are boring, it seems silly to care so much about it.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

means the DEV are working on the Fall expansion I hope. and only fixing bugs in GMM.
  13. svann Augur

I like the idea of different types of charm but some of the ideas of the past just werent workable imo.

This charm loses power when exposed to moisture.
    This charm gains power as you move away from entrances to an area.
    This charm gains power during the hours of daylight.
    Gains power the longer you remain in a zone.
    Increases in power when you are drunk.
    Increases in power the closer it is to midnight.

They were good for a laugh, but I doubt anyone used them except if they didnt have any other choice.
    Yinla and Slippry like this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Charms were definitely neat and unique when they first came out, but the most recent iterations have been bland (no offense meant, just an opinion).

At this point in EQ's life, do we even really need charms with "fluctuating" stats? Can we not just make the statistics static now? There's really no fluctuation to the stats anymore anyways, since people just max them and they're maxed forever, so why not save the computation time and give them set stats?
    Nniki, Ssdar, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Oh god, I remember this thing...
    /afk 20 min
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Ssdar Augur

Tinmyn's Oil Can was an interesting one.
    Increases in power of threes based on the value of coins you are carrying.

I agree though, at this point in EQ there's really no need for fluctuating power charms, especially if they all have the same requirements to max anyway.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

My question would be the does item information, which appears when you right click on the item, state this? If not, please make it so.
    Yinla and Nniki like this.