20TH Anniversary Absent of Rewards?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Are there really 0 rewards for any achievement in the entire 20th Anniversary?
  2. Axxius Augur

You get cake.
    Whulfgar, Orbital101 and Pirlo like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

How do you come up with appropriate rewards? You've got level ones on brand new servers and level 110s with 4000 days played. Make a reward for any particular status and all the others will moan and complain. Now having said that, my main has been Gold for 19 of the 20 years. That's longer than nearly any other commercial relationship I've ever experienced. GMM tells me they don't value that relationship very highly.
  4. Monkman Augur

Illusions/ornaments/titles all non game-breaking regardless of level yet still feel rewarding
    Whulfgar, Allayna, Frael and 2 others like this.
  5. Captain Video Augur

I believe I heard the producer's answer to this question in a meeting: "Let them eat cake," and devs did as they were told.

I was hoping to win the contest for the free lifetime sub, but I do not yet know how to enter. I think it may have something to do with collecting unreachable collectibles, but that's just my latest theory.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We got nothing for the 20th, alright. A free zone, full of gear upgrades, including augs and 3 new raids. Don't we all sound like a bunch of ingrates, now?
    Whulfgar and Tucoh like this.
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

A free heroic would have been nice. Not complaining just sayin.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes but it doesn't feel 20th Anniversaryish. It is a zone which should have been included in a previous expansion and no doubt over time will just fade into being part of SoF. The only thing which shows up under achievments for 20th anniversary events is the eatting cake which I was surprised had no reward.

What is there there that you an actually keep that celebrates 20 years of EQ?
    If you want a banner to celebrate you have to purchase it.
    Previous years we have had special items for the anniversary only available at this time, special augs, special trophies, special illusions, etc. Hell one year we even got a free heroic. I still have my fireworks from the 5th? Its something I can look at and say I was there, I celebrated that anniversary. I still have my party cake from 10th, again something I can look at and say I was there!
    Other than exp for collects I haven't seen anything for completing GMM achievements stuff either, it feels like the achievments were rushed and someone forgot to put the rewards in.

What is there for the 20th anniversary that you can look back at in years to come and say I was there?
    Daybreak gave me this for their anniversary!

There is nothing new for this anniversay that give coins to purchase the new mount they added to the celebration vendors. The only item which is new.

Don't get me wrong I'm not ungrateful for a whole zone which we can keep, it just doesn't feel like we are celebrating 20 great years of EQ.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sokki like this.
  9. Vanrau Augur

Keep in mind they were working on an expansion while working on the 20th anniversary stuff.
  10. Horyuken Augur

After they put pretty much every effect in the game on the Jann illusion I'm not really sure what's left to click buff. I guess an upgrade to the Horn?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Agree 100%. I'm kind of embarrassed by this thread.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You get to complain more.
    Sheex, Astral64 and Jhenna_BB like this.
  13. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

I get what folks are saying about no rewards for the achievements. It is strange not to see at least some AAs in there.

But.. "someone" may need to go watch that video an avid EQ player put together (I can't find the link now - watched it days ago), where at some point, the guy points out that it takes 300 people to produce WoW content roughly every year while there's maybe a dozen EQ devs/artists that manage to crank out not only a full expansion per year, but 20th content like GMM (which is no small zone - the art alone looks to be countless hours of work).

You just can't satisfy everyone.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I get what you're saying, I hate cash spent only rewards in gaming as much as the next guy. I'm pretty outspoken about it.

This is just another lesson players need to learn on tempering our expectations of what this very small Dev team can accomplish. What else is there to say? It's a 20 year year old game with an aging playerbase. The only thing sustaining this game is that also means the average player has more discretionary income to spend on their EQ hobby.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its fine just felt a bit flat, well anniversary is over.

Back to normallity again now.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Exactly, it would of been nice to get one of these options for finishing all of the GMM quests or even as a log in bonus like they've done in the past. I agree with Yinla, next year everything from GMM will be replaced except maybe the augs, which still feel like normal group stuff not "Anni" stuff. It would of been nice to have one item that would be worthwhile for more than 1 expansion. It didn't even need to be anything that added power, just something to have that said I got this from the 20th Anniversary!!
  17. svann Augur

I think alot of people would appreciate a click to gmm as reward for something or other. Museum is full of firepits and I think that would be a safety hazard.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

This is what I was thinking about yesterday.
    Perhaps once you complete all the achievements or something.
  19. Buri Augur

OK fair enough.. now when you gonna start working on it? :p (Vaal here)
  20. Allayna Augur

As many have noted, I think we all felt a bit disappointed with the 20th launch. We aren’t looking for game changing items, just convenience ones.

I vote for an undead clockwork illusion that is also a timed invis.