Recovering lost account

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by drywaller, Mar 13, 2019.

1. drywaller New Member

Is there any way to recover a lost EQ account password if you have no idea what email or credit card u used? The account was created in 2000 and I only know the name I picked for the account. Thanks
  2. Old&Slow Journeyman

I was gone for a number of years. When I thought about coming back, I just made the attempt. I remembered my account name and password, but no other information. After a very long download (I was away for over 8 years) there was my account, minus my ''trader''. I later found out because it was a Level 1 toon it wasn't 'saved' with the rest of my toons and items. Might not help, but give it a shot first just in case.:)
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Fle2ch Elder

They were very helpful for me, I knew my old station name, apart from that nothing. I got my old account back.
  5. Winvarin New Member

I was able to get into my old account last night (I've been gone since 2003). Luckily I still have the email account that I used to create it initially. The link in post #3 worked for me. I gave them the email address and the support site matched it with my old account. From there, it was simple to do a password reset.

When I logged in last night, I just picked a server, figuring that none of my old characters would be around after that long. My old server was no longer in the server list. I played for a couple of hours in the tutorial area and had a good time. My initial plan was to just try out a few classes I'd not played before. Play them through the tutorial and determine which direction I wanted to go for my new main.

But I found this link today:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231264868-Server-Merge-History

If I read this properly, it looks like my old server (Xev) was merged into Druzzil Ro in 2005. Then it appears that Druzzil Ro merged into the Combine (no longer exists) in 2009 and Xegony (still exists) in 2010. I'm currently at work and cannot log in at the moment. However, based on the info on that link, I have the following questions:

1. Should I expect to be able to log into Xegony tonight and see my old characters?

2. I am currently free to play with the 2 character restriction. If they are still there, will I only see two? Or will I see all (I think I had 4) but only 2 will be playable?

3. Even if I do see the characters, is it even worth picking them back up? If memory serves, my main was low 60s when I quit and my next highest player was mid 20s.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your old guys should be there on Xegony - if not you can petition again and they may be able to find them if they weren't wiped in the big wipes that happened way back when.

2 slots? This is odd because if you are on your old account you should have 4 slots and it would say SILVER above your character list - where you see those 2 slots.

If it says FREE in green then you are not on your old account.

Yes it works that only two are playable and those are what show - its alphabetical but I don't know how that works since I just purchased more character slots when I returned. You will have max loyalty points that you need to spend and the slots will help reduce that so you can earn more.

Up to you if you wanted to play your main - I did (he was around 60 also) and still do now at level 108!!
  7. Winvarin New Member

It says Free Player on my status. Although I know it is my old account because the account screen has older information from my account that I know I would have had to add (not just random stuff).

One thing I did not add is that I do not have any payment info on file (it;s been 15+ years since I played). Will I not be able to access my old characters without a paid account?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No payment info is needed to recover old characters.

What older info do you see?

Cause there is something wrong if on the character select screen you see 2 slots and the words FREE in green above those. That is an out right free account. Your old account would say SILVER in silver above the list. They made all old accounts silver. Your 'status" is free but I am not sure where you see that? Something is really odd here -which could be why you can't find your old characters. Did you perhaps make a separate account with the new ones or to file the petition?
  9. Winvarin New Member

The information I saw was when I recovered my password (after giving them the email I knew was associated with my account). In my personal information, back in the old days, I had my first and last name for my account profile set to the first and last name of my main character.

Once I recovered the password and logged in, the only information showing under the "account info" section of my account management was my first and last name of my old main character. That was already pre-filled in the account info.

I petitioned last night and finally heard back from support today. They asked for exact character names, race, class, level and server. I was able to give them everything but level for my main. I had a couple of 20-ish level alts that I mainly played when my friends weren't on. I couldn't remember any of the alts' names.

At this point, with leveling being as quick as it is, I am hoping mainly to get my main back to see if any of his gear is salvagable. And to loot him for any cash and backpacks he still has on him. Although if they find him, something tells me he'll be naked and broke. It was 16-17 years ago afterall.

I had enough fun soloing last night that I am close to pulling the trigger on going pay to play again.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah ok we were talking apples and oranges. You meant logging in to the website ie: account management. I meant when you log into the game where it shows your characters.

Even if you don't get the old guy back you will be ahead if you can log into that old account. You will get all veteran rewards (14 of em) that are in the game and you'll have max loyalty points.

Good Luck!
  11. Winvarin New Member

You were right. I must have created a secondary account at some point and was logging into that one. Finally got some time with customer support today and they found and linked my old account. Still at work but am going to get on when I get home and see if there is anything still on my old main.

Thanks for all your help
  12. Jimbop98 New Member

When I went about recovering my accounts a while back, I noticed some issues with mine. I did not realize there were issues where level 1 characters were not saved. It did not affect me a whole lot at the time, but I know I had a Sceptre Of Destruction that was lost on either a level 1 account or out of a shared bank account, but it has been so long at this point I forget which one it was or even the names of the level 1 banker accounts I used to have. Does anyone know offhand if these characters or items deleted off them are recoverable? I doubt it, but it would be nice to have back one more of the "no longer drops" items back in my possession once again. I can keep that right alongside my Earring of Living Slime, which I do still have.
  13. Fluid Augur

Keep both accounts. Boxing, running two accounts at the same time, is about the most fun you can have if you can't find real humans to group with. Makes the game much more like a simulation like Civilization. Two, two games in one! Easy mode is one Healer Mercenary and one Tank Mercenary but there are a lot of variations like choosing a damage caster if one of your characters is a Cleric.

The suggestions as far as getting your Veteran rewards by typing /veteran are spot on. You get perks like experience bonus and self resurrection at 0% experience loss. Make sure you have the character you want to play with the bonus but you should be able to put them on more then one character if you make a mistake given your account's age.

I don't want to sound like a EQ shill, but the benefits of a paid account are pretty huge. For instance you probably remember grinding out AAs since you had a character to level 60. If you have a paid account you can get auto granted AAs instead of grinding. Essentially you get all your AAs available at your level as soon as make the new level where they are available. It also gets rid of the limit of AAs you can have on a free account. Not having to fiddle with the 0-100% experience that goes to AAs is like a constant 20% or so boost to leveling. You also get back $5/month in EQ money to spend on things like SoW potions or weight reduction bags or whatever they have for sale. It won't be important until you get more characters into the 50+ levels but then all you will have to do is click a box on for auto grant and when you login they will get all the AAs coming to them.

One of the nicer things about your account is the Loyalty Vendor in PoK. If you remember all the grubbing around for a couple of platinum in the early game and hated it, just go to the Loyalty Vendor and pick up a bag of Platinum. You get ~15,000 pp so you are set for all spells and equipment. Which brings me to, forget 99% of what you had in 2004. There may be a few items that have value but it is highly unlikely. Most of the items back then that were coveted, like Raincaller Bow for Rangers, are pretty much a joke outside of progression servers.