Did HDex get nerfed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Mar 17, 2019.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

I'm hearing conflicting things about this, if it got nerfed, does anyone have numbers? I don't want to re aug everything until I know what's up if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
  2. Riou EQResource

All of your avoidances were nerfed to be capped at something like 95%

You still get the DPS benefits and avoidance up until that point
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

Cool, thanks!
  4. Cokkie New Member

So as Ranger, we must stop focus on HDeX ?
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

hCHA is the way to go.
    Arraden likes this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

All of your avoidances were nerfed to be capped at something like 95%

You still get the DPS benefits and avoidance up until that point
  7. Vythika New Member

As for group tanks that used to focus on hdex? Is it still wise to stay hdex? Not sure how the avoidance worked before this nerf.
  8. p2aa Augur

Before this change, you were able to avoid 100 % hits of groups mobs of some 4 years ago expansion (TT missions for evolving TBL chase item) by reaching enough Hdex (and we speak of a high amount, like around 2000 +). They just made it so it's not possible to avoid 100 % on older content. Same can be said for dodge and Hagi.
    It won't change anything on current group mob content, which is what matters. I bet even going full Hdex you were unable to reach a 95 % avoidance rate against TBL group mobs.
    Riou and Kuursed like this.
  9. Gio-Cefalu Augur

This was very helpful. As a returning SK, I heard about the nerf to HDex and wondered the same thing. It sounds like it's not going to make a bit of difference to my character, who is really only going to be playing the group game.