When do monks have more abilities?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Mar 17, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Im thinking of playing a monk, but it seems like its just 2 buttons, which seems boring. When do monks get more abilities. Kick, and Dragon Punch isnt enough, I need like 4 abilites that I have to hit regularly, to keep me busy.
  2. Protagonist Tank

You're playing the wrong game. Or rather, the wrong era. EQ doesn't get button-masher-y until much, much later than any of the TLPs.
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

How about managing discs, does this ad some entertainment?
  4. a_librarian Augur

Your best bet if you want to be busy is to be the puller.
  5. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Im talking about during raid fights. The actual fights.
  6. ch0rny Elder

Haha wait a few years into progression.... then you'll have 2 more buttons to mash every 18sec =p
  7. Protagonist Tank

Mindlessly pressing extra buttons every few seconds doesn't count as "entertainment" in any sane book, but no - disc are all long reuse for a long while yet. You're looking for a completely different style of game than what EQ is, on the TLPs. Live will be a better fit for you.
  8. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

It keeps your mind busy from the fact that you are doing nothing, and the game takes no skill. This is a must. 2 more buttons is alot.
  9. Protagonist Tank

You can insist you want it all you like, but it's still not what EQ is on any of the TLP eras. It never was a button masher.
    ch0rny likes this.
  10. Brumski Augur

I think the fact that Old-EQ wasn't a button masher and was slower paced led to the tight knit social groups you'd form in game. Lots of time to joke around and talk while you played.
    ch0rny likes this.
  11. ch0rny Elder

That's why I still like EQ best. Other MMOs toss you in a group and you zip around non-stop killing it seems. Any downtime is seen as a huge negative, so you never sit and chat with people. Every single TLP so far has introduced me to new friends who I still keep in some form of contact with either in-game, or via FaceBook
  12. Grailer Augur

You need to be puller , that is pretty busy .

If just dps than box
  13. Trox2010 Augur

If two more buttons are a must; then just leave a couple of hot buttons empty, and press them so as to fill in the time between actual abilities and just roleplay that they are actually doing something.
    Draxx, Sturn and ch0rny like this.
  14. Roxas MM Augur

WTF Trox, making me spill my coffee on a monday morning :)
    Draxx likes this.
  15. a_librarian Augur

This is the best answer besides telling you to main a non melee class. Make a box that compliments your monk (bard or shaman are both good) and the complexity of the gameplay increases a lot. Brain dead basic combat for pure melee classes is just the way the game is in early eras
    Draxx likes this.