grouping even possible?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FL!P, Mar 17, 2019.

1. FL!P Augur

Is it honestly worth it to try and put a group together and go to a camp? Camps are perma taken in every pick, and noone wants to group if you do not already have a spot pretaken and setup for them to walk in and start exping immediately with 0 effort involved.

So is it better to just sit in lfg? being proactive has done nothing but fail and irritate me
    Dunamys and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Krasis New Member

ive had the complete opposite experience
  3. Trizek Augur

Are you just sitting around with LFG on? If so, you're doing it wrong.

You have to put yourself out there. Join every channel that you can, all or some of the Generals, all or some of the New Players, all or some of the continent channels, advertise you're LFG in them. obviously /ooc in the zone you're in too, pick between them and LFG.

I stay LFG no more than 10 minutes on average so far
  4. FL!P Augur

i have put several groups together, but if the group isntalready in a spot and flowing ppl just leave. But when i finally get a group together and move in on a camp some boxers just come in swinging. I moved to a pick with 2 ppl, and before my group could even get over 2 6 man mage boxes took crushbone completely lol
  5. FL!P Augur

[IMG]

Much respect tho he held it down.
  6. Quill Augur

It would need to be a pre-made or have a strong guild. As expected with Turd Box in 2019, everybody is now rolling their personal death star and running like 2-6 computers. At that point, adding people, is more of a liability. Wouldn't even be surprised if they simply have all channels turned off.

So unless you're running boxes, you're basically screwed.

This game in 2019 is by and large single player. It wasn't this bad on Agnarr, but if you're rolling one toon, I hope you have some serious patience.
  7. Ceffener Augur

Logged on at 9am, was level 9. Saw someone /OOC group lfm in NRO. Ended up being leader of group after they left, kept filling group.

Logged at level 13.

I guess it’s worth it.
  8. FL!P Augur

yeh, i logged on this morning got to 12 and now doing a study break, but still. between that guy and this guy

It has just been a pain trying to get my groups into actual camps. I get there are different picks, I get there are other places to exp. But should a group of actual players have to play around some selfish holding down 6 different VMs?

Yea its possible, but doesn't make it any less . It kills moral, you put a group of highly motivated individuals, take them through 11 different picks fighting box armys at every corner for a spot. Or people yelling, "We had spot but they whiped and are running back" and trying to play nice so you decide to again play around them and try elsewhere.

All of this quickly kills a groups moral, they fall apart or jump into other groups, then guess what.... back to step 1 reform another group etc. etc.

Just my experience so far.
  9. Aziuno Augur

Go elsewhere.
    Everquest has many zones with things to kill.
    You don't need to be in that specific spot to play the game.
    Have some excitement, go explore the vast world.
    Rajaah likes this.
  10. Brumski Augur

The extra room on Selo starting in Luclin has alleviated a lot of the classic bottlenecking for people that are willing to spread out to other zones.

For better or worse, boxing has ramped up considerably since Phinny.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Is this a serious question? What advantage do you think sitting lfg gives you over being in a group and at least trying to get xp?
  12. Lasia New Member

Anyhow, join general chat, local chat, and LFG chat, even class chat (people will sometimes use class chat to replace themselves for groups). Make a macro and hit it once in awhile (don't spam!!!)
    /1 Class Lvl LFG
    /2 Class Lvl LFG
    /3 Class Lvl LFG
    /ooc Class Lvl LFG

Seems to work well for others. :)
  13. Drtox New Member

I have had one guild group that got me to lvl 11 on saturday and 3 pick up groups that combined got me to lvl 33 when I logged on Sunday. Most time spent using ooc to get a group. less than one minute.

OP put yourself out there. Passive request aren't going to make it. Sure there are buttholes out there but you wont find out till you group with them. :)
  14. Dailor Augur

I am PVP flagged and still got groups...