The backpack issue on Mangler (a serious post)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Captain Video Augur

I've done my best to lighten up the whining mood on here will a few silly forum posts here and there, but this deserves actual dev attention. I'm very hesitant to start playing seriously on Mangler for fear of a rollback tomorrow, and could use a green light to go ahead.

I managed to get onto Mangler mid-afternoon long enough to roll a Human Warrior, but like everyone else I was caught in the "can't zone in before server disconnect" issue. I took a long break and came back to find I can now zone in and move around just fine, but...

My starting inventory has eight backpacks, six short swords, six Gloomingdeep lanterns, six recruitment flyers, and three bundles each of food, drink and bandages. I somehow don't think this was intended. Now I can get eight backpacks in reasonable time by farming trash loot in N Qeynos and knowing in advance where the cheapest vendor is, so I don't consider the extra bags a total exploit, but what am I expected to do here? Destroy everything before I do anything else? I'm not seeing much player activity on the server, so it's not like I can just ask around to see what others are doing.
  2. Trizek Augur

Keep them. This has happened during every TLP launch. I am willing to bet its flagging your character as a newly created character each time you *attempted* to log into the game during the server issues.

Again, this has happened to me, and a lot of others during Coirnav, Agnarr, Phini, etc. I don't believe there is any official post on this, but you should fear not. This has and did happen to A LOT of people. They will not roll you back for this .. .and if they do, well &*@!. But I highly doubt they will considering this has been happening every TLP launch that has had server issues.
  3. Doze Augur

Consider all the duplicate food, drink and backpacks as compensation for your difficulties with logging on - and keep it all. At most they will save you a few PPs in the early days, but in the long run they wont matter at all.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  4. EdgeofInsane New Member

Its a nice bonus for spending the day trying to login. I received 5, its not game changing but it may stop a few people from buying the EQ Anniversary Bundle right away.
  5. Javabete New Member

i had 8 backpacks, and a lot of lanterns & daggers. but only 2 stacks each of food/drink. guess we cant expect bugs to be consistently beneficial
    Ajjantis likes this.