So its clearly Mangler server thats the problem

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Trevalon Augur

So, if it was the login servers as they have claimed then why can you make a character and be in game playing on Selo in less than 2 minutes?

Clearly this isnt a login server problem, there is something wrong with the Mangler server itself and they just don't want to admit that.
    Rutaq likes this.
  2. Tankz Lorekeeper

CALM DOWN KUSH =)
  3. EnchFWO Augur

Technically Rox did update the post with:

We are aware of the issues with Mangler's stability and are looking into additional issues.

About 30 min ago... so... um, kindof admitted something was wrong? Sortof?
  4. Trevalon Augur

Lol, I would except I only had Today, tomorrow, then Thurs/Fri to play and thats about it for my leveling time. Arthus is debating on not even playing at this point if its not fixed by tomorrow morning. Just sad that we have all been looking forward to this for months and their server is broken and it may cause me to lose my RL friends playing.
    Gremin and Mittensworth like this.
  5. Not_Entelion Journeyman

It's pretty obvious at this point they have absolutely no clue how to fix whatever the problem is and dumping the remaining people off the server is just going to cause 140 more angry voices on the forums so they'd rather continue giving them an unfair advantage while we sit here and wait for more nothing to get done.

At this point it isn't about fixing the servers to give an equal playing field, it's about damage control.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

The warriors aren't geared enough
  7. Roxxlyy Augur

Today's rush initially caused loads of issues with the login servers. Now that those have started to smooth out, the Mangler server is experiencing a set of issues related to lag. We are aware, and are working on solutions.
  8. Gnomeater New Member

I don't know if the devs read this thread, but one thing I have noticed, is that I can get to the character login screen, and then get stuck at trying to login to the game world. When I attempt to login to the game world in a subqequent re-launching of the game client, then I have to attempt the "removing current character from the game world" 3 or 4 times before I can reach the character select screen again.

This might be relevant to the game if the game servers are errantly seeing more players in game than are actually being played.

I would very much like to see the server reset, in the hopes it kicks everyone out who is not actually in the game world trying to play anymore.
    RavenousOne likes this.
  9. Psalmz Elder

It is about fixing it. It no longer appears to just be a login volume issue.
    Mittensworth likes this.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

Its a 20 year old game. Being first to 50 is like arguing on the internet
    ch0rny and Rebelicious like this.
  11. Not_Entelion Journeyman

Have you tried power cycling the device?
    Vinlail likes this.
  12. Lady Julae New Member

Servers are a lot like cell phones, Roxxlyy, a simple reboot can fix it. Why not try it?
  13. Wayloss Journeyman

Mangler is not having stability issues, you can not zone or login. the zones are staying up just fine. there are less then 125people playing on the server, and as soon as the newb zone dries up it's all you got/
  14. Lagerale Journeyman

Then take it down and fix it, your own server status board says Mangler has "high" population, this leads people to believe others are and have been in playing and on launch day this fact annoys people (yes it's petty but it's also fact). I think people would rather see "down" and you say their are issues, which their clearly are, then to appear some are playing and some are locked out.
  15. RavenousOne New Member

Has it really been 8 hours of BS without them resetting the server? What's the first thing every IT professional tells you to do? Turn it off then back on again... This is day 1 stuff guys.
    Mittensworth likes this.
  16. Travo New Member

This just doesn't seem to be true when the overwhelming majority of people simply can't even log in.
    Mittensworth likes this.
  17. Not_Entelion Journeyman

The server was advertised as a hardcore raiding server from it's initial announcement. If you're familiar with the hardcore side of this game, being quick to 50 means a great deal to your guilds overall success. I want to play what was advertised to me: A competitive raiding server. Letting a small group of people get a jump on the rest of the community removes the competition and thus the servers purpose is a moot point.

I've participated in enough races - I don't need to brag about winning. I just want fair.
    OptedOut likes this.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Kindof silly they've acknowledged the problem but instead of locking/taking the server down while they fix it they let a lucky few keep going. o_O
    Lagerale likes this.
  19. Aftahmath261 New Member

The few people that are on can do very little. If they die or zone they get kicked from server and cannot get back in like everyone else and this started right after the server went down entirely. People aren't getting a super head start sitting in a city or farming a newbie area lol...
  20. Rutaq New Member

How about launching the additional server so the majority of Mangler folks that are stuck can start again on the new server. Then the support team can continue to research the various problems that occured over the last 8 hours and the players can play.
    kdomg likes this.
  21. Dagud New Member

Since those playing for 8 hours have gained so little already, a full exp and pp reset won’t bother them.