6hrs later and we still cannot play, what gives?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bonified, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonified Lorekeeper

really dont remember this process ever EVER being this bad except for original launch on dial up modems in 1999. Honestly WHAT GIVES?
  2. Dagenfehl Journeyman

Not only do other games not have this problem, but EQ has launched several TLP servers before, and this is now the worst server launch they've ever had. Nice way to advertise 20 years - By not letting people play. You'd think they'd have it figured out.

Hire me as your developer - It's really not that hard. All other MMOs have figured it out.
    Rebelicious and Bonified like this.
  3. Tendrils Journeyman

Was getting excited I was managing to get to character select, but seems there is a new roadblock....
  4. Bento Elder

It is really sad. Got to play for an hour, was having fun then zoned and can't get back on 5 out of 6 hours wasted. And little to no explanation. How could they not think the launch would be busy on a saturday afternoon. Shouldnt have even been released midday on the weekend given the past.
  5. Bonified Lorekeeper

in the words of Donald Trump...YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!! DBG
  6. Keilbasa New Member

Having same issue... This is really pathetic...
  7. Keilbasa New Member

As I said that it finally went to create character. Just took a bit after I agreed to the agreement
  8. Archania New Member

it's been 5 hours, it's now 1am in the UK and i still haven't been able to play on Mangler.........
    I am feeling rather disappointed, you would think after 20 years you could manage a server launch!
  9. Leifer Augur

This is like everyone buying a product and told that they all need to go activate it Saturday afternoon down at the DMV.
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  10. Dagud New Member

Took 5.5 hours to create character, and 45 mins later still not been able to get the toon to load into the server
  11. dd15cm New Member

same as 3 pm est,

can get to character select
    can not communicate with server

nothings changed here jfyi
  12. trollmind New Member

Been through every DBG EQ server launch. Ragefire, Agnarr, Phinigel, Coirnav, etc etc.

This Mangler launch now takes the cake as the worst launch. Even Ragefire they had the decency to pull the plug and just wipe it and redo it rather than make us sit around for 7 hours trying.
  13. Ruhi Augur

same boat, at least they didn't delete your post......
  14. dd15cm New Member

they did delete my first one
  15. Lakeland Lorekeeper

Almost impossible to wipe it, they had the “20th anniversary” packs people bought and claimed. Would be a huge nightmare at this point.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

Looks like Selos is working better now - has to of course, since it is the 'fast' progression server
  17. PwnQuest Augur

Yeah this is a disastrous launch. I don't understand how they thought prime time weekend release of two servers would go over smoothly.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  18. Bento Elder

lol people can't even play the game on the 20th anniversary. God forbid they have to do extra work to make up for this debacle.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  19. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

It could have if they prepared for it....if....
  20. Xanathol Augur

If only someone could have foreseen this and planned for it...
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.