Point of Queue if we get kicked for Time Our error?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Trizek Augur

What exactly is the point of being in a que when you're just removed from it when you get the anavoidable error of A timeout occurred?
  2. Angrif Lorekeeper

they haven't answered this legitimate question for 4+ hours
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What is the point of having a road when there's a giant traffic jam on it?
  4. Trizek Augur

What is the point of having a road when there's a giant traffic jam if an unavoidable dragon swooshes in and removes you from your position on the freeway and putts you back at the start of it?

That's basically whats going on with us with your analogy
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  5. Dagud New Member

When stuck in traffic, you tend to keep your place in the queue
    Stanky likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

The point was that the queue system obviously serves a purpose and isn't functioning correctly due to massive traffic. Sorry you couldn't understand that point.
  7. Gremin Augur

I have had to restart eq at least 30 times today because once that timeout hits, anytime you try to join a server it gives me the unknown error. This is not working for me, and I am pretty sure for a lot of other players 5 hours and 23 mins later.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

9. Gremin Augur

10. a_librarian Augur

11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do retain your place if you get back in relatively quickly, yes.
  12. Gremin Augur

Thank you, so the timeout does screw you over. Therefore, DO NOT click okay at the server select screen, and keep that dialogue box up....
  13. Tendrils Journeyman

It still times out, you just don't see the message.
  14. a_librarian Augur

Do you need to select the server and click Play again to rejoin the queue after a timeout window pops up?
  15. Gremin Augur

How are you able to prove this?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
  17. a_librarian Augur

Thank you again for the info
  18. Gremin Augur

Cant, at least I cant. When I do this I get the unknown error dialogue box, which then locks me from doing anything else including logging into other servers(I tried).
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

By reading Mepps's post. "If you get timed out, that means the login server crashed while you were in the queue." Whether or not you technically receive a timeout error message on your screen has no effect on whether or not the login server crashed.
  20. Gremin Augur

BTW Mepps, when you all communicate like this people are not going to be as mad. We had been asking these questions for hours with no reply. We understand you dont sit around waiting for us to ask questions but on such an important day as much communication with your player base is very important, at least to me it is, Sir.