If you are mad...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bones, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bones New Member

manage your expectations better next time.
    Hinastorm likes this.
  2. Daragoth Lorekeeper

No
    Draxx likes this.
  3. Mazikeel Darkangel Journeyman

It's one thing to be mad 5 minutes after the scheduled launch but another to be upset 5 hours later.
    Liandreth, Fallfyres and Depopulate like this.
  4. Bones New Member

Expect some issues and downtime every launch. I am over getting mad about it.
  5. Lagerale Journeyman

My only issue is the way they say that they are manually managing the server load makes me think some are in playing then they locked the rest out. That's just BS, everyone pays to play, if you can't get it working take it down. If that's not what they mean then they put out information as bad as they launch a server.
    Daysprung likes this.
  6. Lady Julae New Member

Yea, but none of this would have happened if you know, they launched the server on a week day and not a weekend.
    Stormbow1027 and Lagerale like this.
  7. Lefidous New Member

Its been over 5 hours, this is absolutely crazy. This game is 20 years old and we have had hundreds of MMOs launching servers in the last 20 years and they have still managed to royally this up beyond belief. How can you not learn anything from the last 20 years ? Its like a nurse that just forgets how to give an IV line randomly for no reason, how does that even happen?

I expected servers to be for 15-30 mins, and lag/disconnects/etc for 1-2 hours after, but not even being able to make a character for more than 5 hours with no end in sight? Not having any decent feed back of what the issue actually is ? Give me a break. What do these people even get paid to do?
  8. Kahna Augur

They Launched Ragefire, and Lockjaw, and Agnarr and Phinny all on weekdays and this happened then too.
  9. Meridian Augur

How insightful. I'm sure we're all better for you having created this thread.
  10. Lagerale Journeyman

Then my question is why can't they learn? If an IT guy where I worked failed time and time again when the company had huge projects launch he wouldn't be there for the next one.

I am in no way downplaying how hard this is to pull off for them, but lets be honest you just named four TLP servers, their are many more, when will they finally figure out how to make this work? Every time shouldn't be like the first time.
  11. Candlejack New Member

This wouldn't be an issue if they spent money on infrastructure servers for logon connections.
    Lagerale likes this.
  12. Bones New Member

You're welcome
  13. Norok Journeyman

Or if they launched on a weekday like every other TLP. This was dumb.
    Stormbow1027 likes this.
  14. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

ideally they would do their own DDoS attacks in their servers to see if they could handle the load or actually have the launch a day earlier than intended so it actually works on launch day
    Lakeland likes this.
  15. Hinastorm Elder

For 2 days a year for server launches? They'll never do it.
  16. Kahna Augur

Chances are their log in server simply can't be built to handle the strain. And why would you dump a ton of money into fixing something that only occurs once a year and fixes itself in a few days.
  17. Bones New Member

we just need the East Coasters to go to bed then all will be good.
    Stormbow1027 likes this.
  18. Trizek Augur

If you've played all or some of the past TLP's and did not expect this, you're at fault for getting upset.

I do feel sympathetic towards those who decided to try EQ1 again and were introduced to this. Sadly this is a common occurrence for new TLP servers. The only real way we can avoid this is if DBG upgraded their servers. But do you really expect them to do that for only covering Day 1 TLP server launches without issue?

its a brainer everyone and they moma rush to play the new TLP server on day. People are taking off work, ignoring their social life and any forms of responsibilities to get in on that day 1 action. After the first day, people start branching out. Some still pull the no life status and continue playing. Others prioritize their life again and play EQ when they have the free time.

All in all, it balances out after day 1. Tomorrow, like literally every other TLP server .. the issues will be gone.
  19. Gremin Augur

Its Saturday night, no ones going to bed at a normal time tonight.
  20. Bones New Member

a few casuals will go to bed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.