Holly Longdale said it....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Polpet, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Polpet Elder

https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker

Folks are getting on to EQ servers now. We are letting people on in phases so we don't bomb them like we did at noon....hang in there!
  2. Polpet Elder

On Twitter
  3. Ansel New Member

#FakeNews
  4. Sapper12B New Member

So I have been trying to loggin since launch … nothing but wait time of 5 minutes … up to 49 minutes now and timeout errors. Keep getting moved further away from the funnel … so awesome!
  5. Maxe Augur

I passed on corned beef and cabbage and let my wife take my newborn. I still feel like this is eq in nature. Maybe if people laid off logging in their boxes for 30 we could get mains in.
  6. RolePlayith Journeyman

This is actually pretty optimistic/
    Herf likes this.
  7. Maxe Augur

At this point the wait timer jumped to 85 minutes and raising. How we're you not ready for this my people? Silly to wait over 2 hours to get in with timeouts occurring in queue so you get booted again.
  8. RolePlayith Journeyman

Uh, if you're rolling mangler, you're rolling a group of krono farmers to try to rob the newbs of their moneys in classic, where they're a captive audience. All your characters are mains.

If you're rolling Selos you're starting a race to the top against other guilds. All your characters exist to perform a function, and are thus mains.

The people to keep off are the ones just looking to squat on names they may not ever even use, which I suspect is around 80% of the population based on a survey of what I see on the various discord channels.
  9. Thexian Journeyman

This just proves that they have no idea what they hell they're doing. 1999 launch had this stuff fixed within the first two hours on 56k modems; but still can't figure it out now. I miss Verant/SoE. Make Gaming !
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Does Brad still make games, btw?
  11. Maxe Augur

Thank goodness we have such an attentive support team then. I got a warning within hours of a post before so they're paying attention for sure. (I actually mean this as a compliment btw).
  12. Leifer Augur

Its like the stretching of the fabric of spacetime. The further you are away the faster you are accelerating away. Average wait time: 5m. Then 27m. Then 74m. Now 83m.
    Fastlane likes this.
  13. Stagentti Augur

She also said the queue times are not accurate.

We all knew that but thanks Holly.
  14. Coder Joe Journeyman

Yeah that Tweet is not aging well at all.
  15. Fiyero Augur

He's involved with Pantheon I think.
  16. Maxe Augur

Mine goes up by a minute every minute. I feel like I'm stuck in a heck of my own creating lol. Just waiting and hoping every good name hasn't been already taken by an alt that will never be played and finally finding out my only possible names are Blizkipter and Kekeberro. Then I go to sleep after crashing and having the too disappear, my memory is wiped and I'm forced to relive it again every day.
  17. Wrukk New Member

I did manage to get in on Selo's within the first 30minutes the server went live. I got to the character creation screen, but could not make a character, the only thing it would let me do is click on the little window that said certain things would not be available on the server (like Veteran rewards etc..)
  18. Fastlane Journeyman

I'm up to 5282551m, 10.05 years. See y'all at the 30th Anniver... wait... no.
  19. Maxe Augur

Closest I've gotten to character creation is a timeout in the queue so you're doing better than me lol
  20. Shadowpaws2003 New Member

I've been trying to get on for an hour and a half. started out with it saying i should only be waiting six mins. then I kept getting timed out, now it says I have to wait over 89 mins. Your que is not working.