What character has the most questable gear?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Twisti, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Twisti New Member

Hello everyone. I plan on playing on Mangler and what to know your opinions on which character has the most questable gear, particularly solo / group (I don't plan to raid).
    I generally player a caster, but happy to try out hybrids as well.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
  2. Ulain Journeyman

Most classes will have something or several things to quest for: SolRo armor, Totemic, Crafted, Ivy Etched, Lambent. The P99 Wiki usually has lists for whichever classes you're most interested in, ignoring Kunark/Velious for the time being.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Probably monks if you are getting real technical about it due to sash quests, treant fists, whistling fists in kunark, iksar monk quests.

Necros/Mages have temple of solro quests, and iksar necro skullcap can be a fairly lengthy quest.

Nobody really has a lot of quested gear you use at level 50 though, and all classes get the same amount of quested armor in Velious.

The Mystic Cloak is a decent caster cloak quest for classic though.

Edit: As Ulain pointed out I forgot about stuff like Crafted/Lambent/Ivy Etched that people will use prior to planar.
  4. Daimos New Member

Darkforge for SK is pretty easy. Got one mob to camp for the majority of the drops.
  5. Dabrixmgp Augur

most classic gear was absolte garbage anyways. Warrior Crafted Helm had cha and wis. SK Umbral legs had wis. Pally Valorium Boots and Legs both had int. I wouldnt be worried too much about gear cause most of it is terrible.
  6. snailish Augur

Dwarf Paladin will set you on a path of glorious lore deep questing. Some of the rewards of which you will keep always.

Most actual quests to do would probably be a race/class/deity combo that stacks through Kunark to Luclin. Shaman comes to mind, as you have old world shaman quests, Cabilis quest lines, and Vah Shir initiated quests on top of the stuff anyone can do (i.e., Velious armors). Vah Shir shaman are agnostic which alleviates faction barriers.