Who is Coirnav designed for? DBG?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by took2summit11, Mar 15, 2019.

1. a_librarian Augur

All daybreak cares about is the cash infusion from new servers. That is why they were willing to compromise on their terrible Mangler server concept. If neglecting old TLPs forces some players onto the new servers where they will need to buy new mounts/bags/xp potions, that's just a bonus to daybreak
  2. Fumi-chan Augur

At this point it's all about milking as much $$ as they can before WoW Classic drops.
  3. SiegeT New Member

To actually answer your question because nobody seems to want to... No. Nobody wanted the super slow exp on Coirnav. Everyone was complaining about the exp for a while after launch. There was an exp bonus when Coirnav launched. It lasted for 2(?) weeks and after it ended, there were even people who asked that the base exp rate get bumped up to be equal to the exp rate with the bonus.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

They never even gave Coirnav a rug. You had to really stick your head in the sand to think Coirnav was anything other than an uninspired cashgrab.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

The challenge/difficulty on Selos will be facing down VT bosses in partial Velious armor and the rest in bronze.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Gremin Augur

Daybreak has been pulling the rug since the LJ/RF servers, its nothing new.
  7. Hinastorm Elder

Id go to corn instead of the new servers if they upped exp to mangler level, or close to it.

Im afraid selo is going to be too fast for me, but im still going to give it a shot. I don't really have any interest in doing trilogy again, so not that interested in mangler.

I know there are a ton like me, judging from posts ive seen.
  8. RolePlayith Journeyman

They are hopelessly out of touch with the playerbase, and their decisions are mercurial and random. Selos was supposed to be ultra-casual, that's definitely not what it is. They have no idea what players want, or how people play the game anymore. Hardcore people care way more about inter-guild competition than xp rates. Casuals don't care about competition but want to see the game on a time budget.

They should change Coirnav to have much faster xp, but at this point it would undermine their already bizarre PR campaign to have everyone skip on Mangler because there was Coirnav, with better xp and in a better expansion. So let people go play on Mangler a bit, and either stick with it because classic, or because they got established. Then change Coirnav.

I agree with the above post, no matter what the xp rate they choose, people are going to buy pots. Precisely because no one really wants to grind out levels in any game, ever again.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Coirnav was an experiment after both Phinny & Agnaar to test how exp potion sales would be on a server with worse exp rates than those TLPs before.
  10. a_librarian Augur

Coirnav was designed for whatever Daybreak manager was demanding they increase microtransaction revenue for the quarter it launched in
  11. jeskola pheerie

This is where DBG staff skipped to next post.
  12. Protagonist Tank

It's literally the same XP rate Phinny had.
  13. a_librarian Augur

With ZEMs nerfed in popular zones and quest xp completely useless from the start
    oldkracow likes this.
  14. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Phinny was almost double the XP rate of Coirnav at launch.
  15. Kahna Augur

No, it wasn't. Phinny had lower exp than Coirnav at launch. They bumped up Phinny exp when Kunark came out, Coirnav started with that bump already in place. The ZEM changes did result in Coirnav exp being slightly slower over all than Phinny, but hardly half as fast.
    sumnayin2 likes this.
  16. sumnayin2 Augur

17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Even if Phinny had half the exp of Coirnav, it still had something unique to offer.
  18. MMORogue New Member

So you were playing and enjoying the server AND during that time you didn't notice the XP rate as problematic and didn't have a complaint about the XP rate, until you were told about it??? Pretend no one told you and let ignorance be bliss.
  19. Took2summmit Elder

I bet you feel real proud of yourself after such a witty comment, ya? Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Since you obviously have no skin in the game but feel obligated to talk in this conversation anyways, let me explain to you.

On day 1 I killed 10 blue con mobs at level 2 and no joke got 1% xp. I asked in newbie channel what was going on and the response I got was along the lines of "yeah, xp is slower here." In addition to that comment someone else told me to go to nexus grab damage shield and hit paludal. Since the main goal of this server for me is to experience ldon through underfoot, I had no problem zooming through the early levels. I quickly hit level 20 in paludal doing this.

Then I moved to tofs, in a full group I was getting 1-2% a kill, again hardly noticeable that there's slower xp.

Around 37 I moved to velks, experience started to slow down here but I still rather quickly hit level 49.

From 49 to my now level of 57, experience has been an absolute chore to get. Now if I get 5-10% of a level in an hour I consider it a blessing. I decide to dig in a little more and see what's going on here.

I now find out that experience is 3.4x slower than what it's like on other progression servers. And decided to ask if anyone actually wanted such slow experience.

A couple people that are obviously coirnav players have said no one wants this it's stupid. A couple people that are overly witty and proud of themselves have said stop using your ignorance as an excuse.

Like I've said before, Coirnav is the only option for me to continue to enjoy everquest based on the expansions I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping I'll be able to stick it out but the experience has truly grinded to a halt compared to my earlier level 1-49 experience.

I hope that sufficiently explains my ignorance to you, but if not, dont feel obligated to post on this thread?

Edit: quick explanation my phone and tablet auto sign on different accounts and was too lazy to switch to my other account.