[Feedback] Major changes and test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In future can we have major changes on test for longer rather than pushing them straight to live after just a week.

Had the potion belt removal been on test longer, we wouldn't have had to wait a full month to get the adjustments made to hotbars to replace them and the transition would have been far smoother and less upsetting. The same can be said for HA adjustments which went through a number of changes before getting to their final reincanration.

The latest change for chat tabs are causing all sorts of problems which I'm sure could have been ironed out before hand, had they had more time on test. My biggest beef with these is Daybreak changing my default settings. Please in future do not change default settings without telling the players exactly how to change them back as they were, and if at all possible make it possible to change the defaults per account and not per char. I recently had to rack my brains for an old char to turn off auto attack which was turned on by a default change many moons ago, thou I do get a kick out of typing / off

There are many recent changes that are in need of adjustments, which had they spent longer on test could have been ammended before making it to live, ie the dots keeping agro after evac (evac is there to clear all agro), messing around with chat filters, removal of twincast messages etc.

Having to wait a full month(s) to get funcionallity back to things which have been changed/removed is extremely frustrating and upsetting for players.
    Slippry, Barton, xxGriff and 2 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL who knew the command to turn off assist was in the bad word filter!
  3. svann Augur

I used to give myself a chuckle when I noticed my 2nd assist hotkey was labeled
    2nd
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Tevik Augur

Back in SoD-era we had a warrior in the guild named Titanuk. Don't think the bad word filter would like my assist key for him either.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Some things have had a longer testing period on Test but at other times they rush things to Live and wind up either having to patch it, tune things down or revert it entirely.

As a long time Test player it is frustrating not to be utilized more in the capacity the server was originally intended but it is what it is. I do appreciate getting to work on the 16th, 18th and 19th anniversary stuff and the advanced loot window with Hludwolf and other players on the server.
    xxGriff likes this.