Fishing Mastery AA stays grayed out

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ewor, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Ewor New Member

Ewor is level 70, fishing skill @ 200, w/ 40-odd AA pts and ZERO AAs spent in Fishing Mastery. So can anyone tell me why the Fishing Mastery AA line is grayed out and unusable? I'd like to move fishing skill as high as possible but clearly I don't understand something here. Surely it has nothing to do with class or race. What is it I am unaware of?

Thanks.
  2. Visitor Augur

Do you own Empires of Kunark expansion, if not then you can not buy any of the new Trade AA.
  3. Ewor New Member

OK, Thank you very much. I hadn't noticed when it appeared. Now I can stop searching!:)
  4. Ewor New Member

THEN: Followed advice of Visitor above and upgraded to paying member/bought required expansions to enable AAs to be spent on fishing mastery. Hit the limit of 200 skill pts @ level 70 and stopped paying and then stopped playing the game for awhile. NOW: Ewor has (finally) just hit level 75 and currently has 70 AA points to spend BUT . . . the Fishing Mastery is grayed out still. No change upon reaching level 75 which should have unlocked my next AA purchase. Shouldn't it?

"Alternate Advancement Abilities (AA’s): All AA’s already earned will remain usable if you choose to downgrade your membership, but if you are over the limit that you are allowed to earn you will not be able to earn any more AA points."

Thanks for reading.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

You have "Master Level" skills other than fishing?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So if your a free account again then you are limited on ANY AA to 250 or 1000 or whatever the amount you already earned when you were a paid account. So if you earned 200 more AA and banked them while being paid that is nice. But if you went back to free then you cannot spend them if you already have more than the base amount allowed to free accounts.

If your paid again then make sure that out of basic seven tradeskills the first to break 200 can go to 300. Rest lock at 200. You will Need to train New Tanaan Mastery AA to unlock them.

Usually the little tab on the bottom of your AA screen will tell you what is needed to reach the next level. There are two tabs - one says current and the other says next level.
  7. Ewor New Member

I am limited to 299 in brewing. Pushed it up to 334 tonight and ran out of fungus for the Constitutionals, but when I zoned it dropped back to 299. So no, no tradeskill over 299.

This is not what I interpreted the quote from the FAQs to say. "Usable" shouldn't mean "not usable," should it? And why go on to say ". . . but if you are over the limit you are allowed to earn you will not be able to earn any more AA points"? If down-graders are not allowed to spend those points earned while upgraded, it should read and (similarly) instead of but (in contrast). Please don't mistake my reasoning for argument. I really just wanted to understand what happened--or why it didn't happen--and explaining why I expected it to happen is part of my process.

This I have understood since shortly after the change was made. A good change, in spite of the level restrictions imposed with the AA system.

It was those very tabs that led me to believe my fishing skill cap would be increased when I reached level 75. At 70, I was just a little over 200. The next level tab said it would raise my cap some (25?) as well as increase my leverage %. Didn't care the exact #s--just wanted to push as far as I could. I collected so many different kinds of fish to skill up that I had to make a mule just to hold them all--something, I'm guessing, is common experience here. But that's neither here nor there. It sounds like the general understanding is: paid AAs are frozen until you start paying again. Not all roses and butterflies about it, but I'm getting over the surprise. Thank you all for your responses, time and effort. I'm sure I'll enjoy the lemonade--or perhaps some fishwine.

Ewor on Drinal