"Gnome Mountain" is a TRAP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

"Gnome Mountain" is a TRAP! It doesn't exist and if you try to get there you will DIE!

You want evidence? Here is PROOF:
    [IMG]

The cannon that they CLAIM will take you to "Gnome Mountain" clearly points to the SOUTH as you can see from both the compass and the map.

But when you look at the ATLAS:

[IMG]

There is NOTHING to the SOUTH (Green) of Dragonscale Hills (Red). It's open sea. Where "Gnome Mountain" is SUPPOSED to exist is to the WEST of DSH, underneath Fortress Mechanotus (White) in the middle of the Timorous Deep Ocean (Orange), but there is NOTHING there! No map for "Gnome Mountain" listed on the Atlas because IT DOESN'T EXIST!!

Why would they do this? Why? After an exhaustive search I discovered the TRUTH staring me in the face on an older map:

[IMG]

It's hard to read so here is a zoomed in map:

[IMG]

You can CLEARLY see that there isn't open ocean to the south of Dragonscale Hills... A GIANT SEA MONSTER LIVES THERE! THIS IS ALL A TRAP TO FEED UNSUSPECTING ADVENTURERS TO THE SEA MONSTER!

SAVE YOURSELVES! DO NOT GO TO "GNOME MOUNTAIN"!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  2. Astral64 Augur

Check mate atheists.
    Pirlo, Littlelegs, Boze and 8 others like this.
  3. Critts Augur

How do you know the sea monster and “island” are not just misdirection?
  4. Moege Augur

Well to be fair lots of you think gnomes are monsters so the spot indicated is correctly marked !

Now the gnomes did not survive and left a few traps in place plus the folks some enterprising gnome smuggled into the dome on a dare.

Dare you to go mess with their contraptions !
  5. Marike Elder

TRAPPY SHARK DOO DOO, DA DOO DA DOO
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fallfyres and Tucoh like this.
  6. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

Wait - are you trying to say that GMM "jumped the shark" already?

Side note -
    The explorer in me went looking for this yesterday as well, and stood at the very spot you did. I checked my EQ folder and noticed we didn't get a new version of the DSH zone, so I figured we couldn't get a sneak peek.. a few more days.....
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Thrillho Augur

I'd wager whatever magic that hid VoA is the same magic that has hid GMM. Next time you're in Argath, take a look at the positioning of Valley and Beasts Domain. Valley to the east, BD to the west. Simple enough. Next, go to Sarith and look at the zonelines for Valley and BD. They've now switched to be respectively on the west and east!

(I'm working from memory, and may have the orientations backwards. In any case, whatever the orientation is, it gets switched in Sarith).
  8. Dailor Augur

I haven't trusted maps since Zama told me Arcstone is under the Theater of Blood.
  9. smash Augur

Well, you all wrong, the Gnome Memorial Mounting is inside the stomach of the mechanical dragon. Just jump into the mouth of it and see...
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Damn Loch Ness monster. Owes me tree fiddy =/
  11. Riou EQResource

GMM was originally on the Odus continent where the rest of the buried sea domes were, and the AutoChannels still have it listed on Odus. Don't know why they just decided to move it to Dragonscale Hills instead :p
  12. Randragon Augur

13. Herf Augur

Don't GO! It will be like Charlie in the Candy Mountain. They'll get your kidney.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

No no no and no. For the love of all things great no shark songs on the forums. My little ones are driving me bonkers with that horrible shark song.
  15. Pirlo Augur

16. Slippry Augur

You're assuming that the gnomes are planning on using a ballistic trajectory to get you to gmm in the most direct path. What if they're actually planning on using an orbital trajectory to land you in gmm after one or more orbits around norrath?
  17. Captain Video Augur

The gnome spaceflight program was cancelled during the SWG NGE.
  18. Thrillho Augur

That assumes that Norrath is round, which is clearly a conspiracy.
    #flatnorrath
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

emote <looks around for some gnomes carrying a book titled: To serve man/etc>

For those who don't know it was famous episode from Twilight Zone
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We all know that Norrath is flat and resting on the backs of four huge elephants which are in turn standing on the back of an enormous turtle....
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.