Old World Evolution Nerfed - All mobs in TBL Enabled?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smokezz, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's just how item evolution has always worked. Specific mob types evolve items.
  2. Claan Elder

I think the stealth nerf sucks. No bones thrown. No increase in types of mobs that evolve or the xp that evolves get, Just a straight slap in the face.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

You mean it was possible to evolve these items in non-TBL zones ?
  4. ShadowMan Augur

A good group, not any group. 10 yellows every 5 you tied. 10+ you exceeded what TT has to offer.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Horyuken Augur

The saddest thing is all the people who have this done through TT farm are the people who actually had the time to go out and farm the 2 mob types in TBL zones that evolve these things. It really just punishes the group of people who already didn't have the time to evolve these things and now really don't have the time.
    Xeladom likes this.
  6. Kezik Lorekeeper

It wouldn't be that bad if all TBL mobs counted toward evolving xp.
    Please make all TBL mobs count toward evolving xp.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I remember when you could invis through VP and kill named ad nauseam when ROS launched.

As always, the early birds get the worms...
  8. Critts Augur

Let’s not get into OMM MM really one brew per, one brew!!?
  9. Daedly Augur

What Hdex Nerf? I didn't see any mention elsewhere or this.

Also, someone tell me what TT stands for, it's really bugging me that I don't know.
  10. Eaiana Augur

Tempest Temple
  11. divirgmar Lorekeeper

Speaking of evolution, how about changing the alaris tear to include swinetor, selryahs and all anomals and beasts found in alaris expansion?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Lubianx Augur

My question is, which mobs types do actually evolve the items?

I know dervish models and elementals do. I believe armors, spiders, golems and humanoids don't.

The other model types in TBL I'm not too sure:- Giants, mephits, phoenix, efreeti/djinn, snails, imps, nilborien (may have missed some). Anyone have any idea on these types?
  13. Vizier Augur

Why anyone would want to mindlessly grind TT mission 500+ times is beyond me. The whole idea behind making these chase items was to get "raiders" a reason to grind exp with the filthy casuals. They were just bypassing that. Now there's no reason not to group up and kill mobs in TBL, that's a healthy design choice.
  14. Riou EQResource

Except you can still mostly do TT and unless the grouper is really good if you do go to TBL you will want raiders for faster kill rates :p

Also even if you would invite a grouper they have to allow you to kill mobs so much faster to not get WORSE evolving exp then just not inviting them, each person you invite has to basically increase your kill rate by something like 20% (~40% for the 2nd toon, if you are soloing) beyond what the group already could do or you are actually losing evolving exp per time
  15. Allayna Augur

Positive change for the community. 2 thumbs way up!
    Cadira and Drogba like this.
  16. Lianeb Augur

Anyone try finishing the mission?
    Did they change them to the CoTF HA model for XP gains? I mean it was that mission type that was quoted by everyone as a Dev saying it wasn't an Exploit. I just wonder if they just made it like those HAs to coincide with the developer remarks that keep getting thrown at them.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

If you have the ability to tank 30 blue conned mobs with little to no risk, its going to get adjusted especially given the rewards of the chase items.

Don't get me wrong, I totally abused wack a mole for evolves in the past, but I hated it. Fortunately I didn't want to grind TT and was able to work on evolves in the new zones and even picked up some 18s while I was at it.

And the dev's gave us a huge bone, with evolve experience not being divided. I had 3 items to tier 4 prior to the patch and one ready to click to tier 5. The grind to get to that point was crazy, now while its still a mountain, can be done in a fourth of the time.

I think the only thing that could be a valid complaint is the drop rate of the 18s and its randomness. While the focus effects are incremental and small, it puts player power reliant on pure luck rather than effort. Due to the rareness and luck, it makes it extremely difficult for players to tailor possible choices given its more what happens to drop and be available to the lucky player that wins the roll. For what its worth, I have played more EQ in years since this expansion began.

Ruven
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

As I posted though... since it looks like it's TBL only now, how about opening it up to all TBL mobs instead. I don't really care about TT, even though I did kill there.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Hickers Elder

^ +1

We were told in black and white that killing outside TBL was acceptable. Now that we are ?finished? being d***ed around, how about making all the mobs in the expac count, like they should have done from the start.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Would be great if all TBL mobs can count for evolve xp.
    Yinla likes this.