New Chat Tabs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warzon, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Justyse Journeyman

To those complaining about the tell pop ups, it looks like something default checked the "tell windows" in options, just go turn it back off and it'll go away. Happened to me too.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My chat windows have not changed. Same as when I logged out. I still have one bigger one labelled main the a second one off to the side labelled other chat 1and my third one faded and minimized in background called chat 2. No tabs that I can see. Is this something that only happens like with the extra bank space for the TBL expansion?
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

There are already several ui mods available. Stop being whiners and be proactive. Keep making improvements Devs.
    SubEffect likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

Love the new chat tabs. It's about time these were put in game.
    Dythan likes this.
  5. svann Augur

I think it changed your setting to Use Tell Windows. Turn it off in options.
  6. SuriMondego New Member

Please make an option to turn that off. Losing 2 lines for every chat window now :mad:
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Mine is the same as when I logged out last night. No tabs. Just the separate windows in the same positions and one is faded and minimized just like it was before.
  8. doah Augur

Dythan, Please put your extensive coding skills to work and code us up some chat windows with a toggle for turning tabs on and off. plz thx
    Dythan likes this.
  9. Raiena Journeyman

I like the new chat windows with tabs because it lets me better organize without having so many windows. However, what I would like to see is the /chatfont size command to go into a dropdown option for the entire chat window. Right now I have to type the command for the individual tabs. I have problems seeing small print so I always resize. The way the /tells windows are working now, I have to adjust every individuals font size before I can read the /tells.
  10. Fumi-chan Augur

You're overlooking the fact not everyone can use a custom UI to play the game. I guess those people are SOL eh?
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Thanks, I legitimately hate it.
    Thalliius and Graves like this.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

Please explain how in the world someone CANNOT use a custom UI piece? :confused:

You can still have all functionality of the chat window like standard UI except minus the title bar.
  13. Gafgarion Elder

The tabs take up way too much space. Plz make an option to disable them
  14. Runzen Elder

Please add a turn off option, takes up two lines of text
  15. Metanis Bad Company

Sure thing. Let's make the worst UI in all of computer gaming even more confusing.
    Thalliius likes this.
  16. Fumi-chan Augur

Really? You've never heard of bugs, complications, etc. that happen when using third party software? I don't want to derail this from the important original point being made, but come on.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Please cite your sources of these alleged "bugs"
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

I can't even.
  19. a_librarian Augur

20. Peat Moss Journeyman

Here's the thing...I like having certain info available at a glance in various windows. To do this, I cannot use to tabs.

But if I use separate windows now, I have those stupid tabs taking up window space, which makes me have to make the windows larger.

So how do I turn off the tabs completely?