Nice article in PC Gamer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Mar 12, 2019.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

A decently written article in PC Gamer? Whoa.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

"A new expansion, The Burning Lands, was released in December last year, and another is on the way. And with a brand new game potentially on the horizon, the land of Norrath should be a home for adventurers for many more years to come."

Curious if they are talking about the rumor from late last year about an EQ phone game or Holly told PC Gamer something else.
    Fallfyres and IblisTheMage like this.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I enjoy seeing DBG drumming up some hype! It reads more like a paid ad than an objective article and it got some details wrong (at least about the launch of the first TLP server). I won't believe what the article said (twice) about a new expansion coming until it is confirmed by DBG. Maybe the author was referring to the anniversary content?
  5. svann Augur

I didnt even know they were still in print.
    Lagerale likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

7. Buri Augur

I thought I read somewhere recently that they were working on a new version of EQ, to try and compete with Pantheon. Not EQ Next, I know all about that and its cancellation, but something completely new.
  8. Icaen Elder

Hello? Fippy Darkpaw?
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

No need to compete with Pantheon. All that game will do is stir up EQ nostalgia and send people back here.
  10. Derresh Augur

"Daybreak launched its popular progression servers, which let you play EverQuest as it used to be—similar to Blizzard's own World of Warcraft Classic."

WoW was the first tlp mmo confirmed.
  11. svann Augur

They would never say they intend it to compete with Pantheon, so if you heard it it had to be from someone that doesnt know.
  12. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

There was that MMORPG article where they mentioned a new EQ3 that was prepping to compete with Pantheon and have a battle royale focus..

Their source? Reddit. :rolleyes:
  13. Buri Augur

Yeah, that's where I saw it, thanx. I have no idea how credible it is, and the whole battle royale thing throws me off (I generally don't like PvP), but I knew I'd read that somewhere.
  14. Buri Augur

A lot of people I know are anticipating Pantheon as more or less somewhere else to go, when/if EQ ever shuts its doors.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah hehe... my eyes did burnouts in their eye sockets when I read that on Reddit last year.
    Gyurika Godofwar and getlostgreg like this.
  16. Shanarias Augur

The comments after the article are amazing.
    Gyurika Godofwar and getlostgreg like this.
  17. kizant Augur

From watching some of their videos I'd be surprised if they last all that long.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

""We have more players now than we did in 2015 and our revenue has gone up," says Longdale. "And that's thanks to these servers." [TLP]

""When we launched the first one [TLP] in 2015, we crashed the servers. There were too many logins. A few days later we launched another, and that crashed too. And this is what led to us increasing our player base for the first time in 6-7 years. "

So revenue is up and player base is up, since 2015.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  19. bigpapa Augur

well in FV there are more players playing there for sure , newplayers channel sometime is full at 400.
    main general chat full at 400 so another one is autocreated and also at 400 so we can see here and there a 3rd general chat , I know chat windows don't tell the truth , ( some don't join them ect ), but having 1300 + players in these chats { specially in weekends ,who are more than past several years } mean more players playing imo.
  20. dmccollum Elder

I love how they removed my comment about the article saying they're just trying to milk EQ and not really update it to bring in new players.