Gnome Memorial Mountain - Screenshots Revealed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for posting this. I'll copy some images over to my wiki when I have the time.

I hope Daybreak makes available the 20th anniversary logo, seen in the Selos and Mangler server promo images, all by itself.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

is that zombie gnomes in those screen shots oh boy
  4. Riou EQResource

No, those are Clockwork Gnomes, each one can also wear each of the 4 armor archtypes
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Bobokin Augur

They look like EQ2 Gnomes.

So when can my EQ Gnome get the swashbuckling look?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought they looked more like EQ2 chars, but my EQ2 gnome looks way cooler than that with freaky hair and glasses.

Love the swashbuckling look.
  7. Daedly Augur

Obviously the screen shots only show a small amount, but with how heavily this zone is likely to be used, I hope they let some folks test it so that an adequate pick zone number can be determined.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Critts Augur

Called it
    or rather Trolled it, kind of, it was in the ball park.
  9. Tucoh Augur

One of the reasons that HH Seb felt so overcrowded was that the mobs were the same difficulty as a previous expansion's mobs. I could keep 1/4th of the zone clear with my group, and four decent groups could keep the entire Seb on lock down.

I'm hoping that GMM mobs are a step up from TBL mobs, thereby making it harder for groups to just steamroll the zone.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Daedly Augur

I wasn't around for it. The most obvious example I can think of though is Sathir Tomb. It supports at most 4 groups. There seems to be, for lack of a better term, an ergonomic set of places people generally set up for in each zone. Wether it is purposely designed that way or not, it just seems to be the case.

I realize the game can't and shouldn't always be designed around the way players think it should be, but I feel with anniversary or bonus content like this it would be the most obvious choice to purposely adjust for such considerations.
  11. Natal Augur

The solution to overcrowding is to make the zones instanced. Then you don't need to worry about all of the drama with people stealing nameds, training each other or fighting over spawns.
  12. svann Augur

I heard the new tinkered gnome rogue mercs will have picklock..
    ;)
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I hope the Gnome Heritage Crate illusion will be the swashbuckling model.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Hopefully /pickzone is properly set and working from the start.
    svann, bbanz, Elyssanda and 1 other person like this.
  15. Riou EQResource

If they do use the clockwork gnome models, I think that one is the Leather outfit
    Benito likes this.
  16. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

It's said that this area just breached the sea... any idea what sea they are referring to?
  17. Aurastrider Augur

If I had to guess it would be somewhere off the coast of Dragonscale hills or Loping plains with either the gnomes attempting to invade on the bloodmoon orc territory to build this dome or the orcs invading the gnomes but that is just pure guess work on my part. There is also some weird water cities in TBS and TDS expansions so its entirely possible that the gnomes constructed something around the waters here.
  18. Riou EQResource

Originally it was gonna be off Odus in the TDS area (The Buried Seas, the zone still uses Odus chat channel as its continent iirc :p)

Now it is off Dragon Scale Hills, I don't know if that ocean has a name or anything though