New feature request that'll make DB money

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

Allow us to give gifts from the market place. Say I want to buy someone a mount. Let me buy that mount and then for 150 more station cash, allow me to send that mount to a person. Guy today wanted to buy a mount for a gift to someone. He couldn't. I think with giving gifts you could make some money and allow us to share with others.

Thanks for the consideration.

Dewey
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

While nice, I believe it is too easy to exploit with stolen CC and accounts.
    KermittheFroglok and code-zero like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is why there is a delay in receiving a krono after you purchase it.
  4. Funk Augur

Here's a twist on it.
    Sell something like "Gift Wrapping" in the store.
    Player buys the gift wrapping, uses it to wrap a no trade item he currently has, now it's tradable as a gift to a friend or guild mate.So you could buy the item from the store (add a 3 day wait till wrappable to avoid credit card issues), or wrap a old item rotting in your bank. Buy the wrapping, then wrap the mount and give to friend in game.

On normal servers without free trade this would be an INSANE cash cow for DBG.
    I have no idea how they haven't done something like this yet. Team Fortress 2 has a gift wrap item in store and makes them loads of cash.
  5. Stabwoundz Dislikes Corporate Shills

You can already "Gift" most Marketplace items to other people in Everquest 2. I'm was suprised that you couldn't in EQ1. I think the only items you can't gift in EQ2 are services like additional character slots and premium classes (Beastlord and Channeler)

I see no reason why players in EQ1 cannot gift other players things like mounts, xp pots and cosmetic items.
    Icaen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I think a great feature would be if /pizza took us directly to a pizza-ordering website from our local pizza purveyor.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

maybe and option when you buy item off of certain NPC's you can parcel it to some one else but its not going to check for LORE except once that toon tried toget it out of the mail.
  8. Horyuken Augur

It's really to hard to alt tab to a browser and go to any pizza delivery site of your choosing?
  9. Funk Augur

Not just items in store but being able to wrap an old no trade item you have in your bank to gift also.
    Imagine if DBG made say $2.99 every time some random player wanted to give an old item to an alt or friend.

An old bow you got 5 years ago that's rotting in your bank...now DBG makes money off you buying wrapping to give that old no trade bow to your friend or alt. Seems like a no brainer to me. Tons of money to be made from that.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

11. Aurastrider Augur

If they wont make all of the LON cards and prize packs heirloom I guess this would be the next best thing. I would finally be able to move some of the items I claimed on my old main over to my current main that I have been playing for like 3 years now. Its sucks having spent literally thousands of dollars on packs only to have some of that loot rotting on a toon I don't even play any longer. While I don't really want to pay money again just to use the stuff if they made it 5 bucks or less I could just use my free claimed cash to move the items over every month.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

I think it'd be neat, but I quickly see people using the feature to monetize their own monthly DBC rewards, which then hurts DBC sales.

Then again if it's really like that onEQ2 maybe it could happen, I'm guessing that scenario is just as likely on EQ2? Would benefit me, my fiancé rarely uses her DBC claims so maybe she's spend it on my accounts lol.
  13. Neodraykl Elder