Let's see some more info on the 20th anniversary

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by meatsauce, Mar 11, 2019.

1. meatsauce New Member

DBG, post some more info about events / specials that are supposed to start this week.
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

I have been checking every day for news. I am waiting to see if its worth re-installing or not.
  3. Rayzen Elder

Yes. Less than a week away now. It would be really cool to get more information. Will there be dbl xp, or discounted DB cash, dbl rare spawns? Also event wise; Will there be new Anniversary missions etc. I know GMM will be coming but beyond that, I haven't heard much.
  4. Trotts Journeyman

Agreed, surprised we haven't heard much, no announcements for 2 weeks now! Would be nice to know what's coming.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you read the test forums there is mention of a Unicorn mount not working right but I would imagine it will take way more commemorative coins than a normal player could obtain in one year or some level 110 raid in a locked zone. There are also pictures of Gnome Mountain and talk about bugs with new and old anniversary quests.

Overall I don't hear of anything for the casual player once again. Soon there will be only hard core raiders left in the game. Be nice if level 90-100 or even lower non raiding normal player "Jo Schmo" could have fun with new content.

I doubt they are going to announce anything. That way we might save up our money or hold off spending that $5 monthly award.

To the person who was holding off downloading the game - uh it doesn't take days like it used to but you might run into issues if your still using old windows or whatever. Just jump the shark and do it. ;)
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

March 16th is just a few days away.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Daybreak tends to wait for the last minute before (sometimes, even a few days after) an event before announcing it and/or giving out details. While I feel they should announce things sooner, that is what we should expect.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Barton like this.
  8. TheStugots Augur

9. Paerza New Member

The smartest move for longevity would be to make it appeal to those who want to catch up (e.g. Heroic boost or fast xp bonus if you lag behind too much).

Level 95 as minimun would mean standard heroics cannot take part...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I must say I love the look of the orc in the picture and am keeping my fingers crossed that there is an illusion reward or something in the store for it. I would much rather transform my sk into a blood thirsty orc than a gnome.
  11. Calia Journeyman

At least scale the quests to the player's level.
    It seems my reward for rolling a new toon is to be locked out of all 20th anniversary content.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Look at that 95+...
  13. Captain Video Augur

There is also a rumored now zone for lower-level players, which you can only find if you are logged in via a dial-up connection.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

If someone is actually new there is so much anniversary content that this should be a non issue not doing these events this year. I have been back to the game for about 7 years now and still have a couple of anniversary quests to finish and I pretty much stop what I am doing during anniversary time and just do quests. Its not really a slap in the face to lower level characters since there will be plenty of things to do that provide really good rewards. Developer time is already very limited so the fact that they came out with this much stuff that is available to even people who don't buy expansions or subs is pretty awesome. Adding scaling content for all levels to enjoy is a lot of extra work I imagine in terms of testing, adjusting mob difficulty, and altering loot tables. I say this as someone who advocates for more players at the top but we also have to remain realistic with our expectations about what we are getting with the amount of production hours available to get it.
  15. Danaleigh Elder

What I want to know is .........FAN FAIRE....... Where and When?????
    Scornfire and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

The HA/Missions/Raids likely scale, but I was kind of hoping for a static zone that had at least some area that was tougher than TBL T2. Doing Plane of Fire raids for Type19 augs is actually pretty fun because the trash mobs are a step tougher than Mearatas mobs.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for GMM and hope there's some tough content in it!
  17. Paerza New Member

Remember that great screeching sound of your 2400 baud modem? You are in our world now!
    :)

But seriously it is great to see new content being added. It would be even greater if there would, in addition to this, be a faster (less than 20 hours) way to get a heroic char to at least 95+ (via xp boost clickie or heroic only itemless betabuff variant or huge xp reward addition to a certain quest) so that everyone can enjoy it!
  18. coffee349 Journeyman

Let's hope there will be a little something for everyone...