Boxing on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Lumiens Augur

Everyone is so pro Truebox yet I've seen way more interest in boxing 3+ accounts on Mangler than previous TLPs.

Its like everyone just wants it to be Truebox so they can setup their multiple computers and box.
  2. CuriousPlayer New Member

Whats the logic in making truebox if ppl can STILL box only thing being forced is ppl to go buy more computers , the title true box is a contradiction in its self . Either stop boxing or allow it by whatever means . if you can or is a way to box then allow it period . your purpose is useless . how a person boxes has nothing to so with if they can or not . like I said either stop it or allow it
  3. PwnQuest Augur

tldr version, they don't have the dev time or resources to enforce no-boxing rules. Truebox is a nice compromise, preventing the mass multiboxing that we saw on Ragefire/Lockjaw, but allowing some 2+ boxing when you have multiple computers. Multiboxing is not rampant on TLPs these days, contrary to what some on these forums would have you believe.
  4. Jogath Journeyman

There is no technical way to prevent boxing. If you prevent by external IP, you prevent families and LAN parties (and potentially entire colleges). If you do what they do now with Truebox, you enforce one per machine.

I don't understand why anyone is against boxing... but I am pro-box.
  5. jeskola pheerie

It is a combination of jealousy and not understanding the difference between a box army and a small box group
  6. Gremin Augur

Daybreak gets kick backs for computer sales.
  7. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Dythan likes this.
  8. Grailer Augur

They need One IP Address per player.

Yeah I know you are thinking “but what about my 5 kids who want to play with me ?

Thats why they have other servers .

Anyway .. Im going to be boxing on Mangler because if you aren’t boxing you are too poor to buy another PC
  9. Misaligned Augur

This horse is long past dead and now we're just stomping the ashes and grinding the bones. My first return to EQ after a very long time was Ragefire. Ragefire allowed pretty much any form of boxing and tools you wanted to use. It was a far cry from the EQ I remembered. I did not enjoy the experience I had there.

Truebox is a very fair compromise.

Or just keep going full millennial and whinging about it. Make sure to post on Twitter in all caps and write an article for Buzzfeed while you're at it.
    Lennyn likes this.
  10. Grailer Augur

I think people just want a multiplayer game where you group with others not a solo game where you group with yourself.

While grouping is fun when you get a good team it can be equally as bad if you get bad players i.e afk healer , tank who doesn’t tank, puller who doesn’t know what healer oom means .

But grouping gets bigger rewards ( maybe not enough) like more xp , better loot etc
  11. Dawdle Augur

Lol as if we needed to buy them for EQ. A lot of people build rigs for gaming, it's kind of a thing if you are into it, but saying we build anything for EQ is a laugh because this game would run on just about anything. I would never build anything for EQ, more like Doom, Cyberpunk 2077, Far Cry New Dawn, Days Gone, Atomic Heart, Division 2, Resident Evil 2, ect ect. I do like my computers. No one is being forced, you are either into it or not.
  12. Nuttmeg Augur

It has nothing to do with jealousy. For many, it's the sad realization that the original 1999 design of a fantastic multiplayer game is being reduced to a single player game with chat features.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No one hates a 2 to 6 boxer.

Everyone hates a 7 to 40 boxer.

If there was a way to enforce up to 6 boxes on a single pc I'd be all for it, unfortunately I don't think there is a hands-off way to do that currently for DBG.
  14. Nuttmeg Augur

You are incorrect! 2-6 boxers are loathed as well. There is still a significant portion of the classic community that loves the original mmo, with emphasis on multiplayer. With every box someone adds to their group, they are diminishing the multiplayer experience and pushing Everquest toward a single player game. (Which was NEVER the original intent.)
  15. jeskola pheerie

That is odd. I can box 2 to 4 characters, add others to my group, then raid with my one main a couple times a week and engage with many people. I essentially get the same experience I had around 2000ish, including grouping and interacting with other players, but without the hassle of spending all my limited gaming time waiting on others.

That does not sound like a single player game with chat features. To me, you sound like you have an unrealistic desire to travel back in time, and also sound jealous that some people can accomplish more than you and still socialize plenty.
  16. tryieq Journeyman

The problem here is that you assuming that every player who is boxing would automatically be looking for groups instead if they were not allowed to do so and I just don't think that's true!

I doubt it impacts your multiplayer experience as much as you may think.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Your insistence on 6 real bodies in every group is what diminishes the experience to me. Progression does not equal classic, and also some people "trueboxed" in classic in 1999, myself included. Stop trying to force rules upon other people to fit your specific whim and let the game be played by people in the manner they choose.
  18. Nuttmeg Augur

Your rhetoric is used by showEQ users, wall hackers, terrain editors, z-axis abusers, plat dupers and many others who like to call their personal brand of unfair play, "playing my way."
  19. jeskola pheerie

I am not sure why you have to bust out the "snowflake" comment - I am against restricting the way people play, and you are for restricting the way people play, so that everyone has to play by your rules. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

Then you lump in someone playing an extra character or two with cheaters and hackers. Time to take a breath and think about what you type before you press that reply button.
    Lennyn likes this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

What does that have to do with boxing a few characters? If you want to rant about cheaters and hackers, make a new thread.
    Lennyn likes this.