warrior plus 5 boxes for selos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Mar 10, 2019.

1. mark Augur

Hi whats the best combo of 5 boxes to support a warrior all the way to live on selos ?
  2. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

war, cleric, bard, mage, mage, shaman.
  3. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

super easy to run hot keys on the cleric, mage, shaman.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

war, cleric, bard, enc, wiz, mag

wiz because you're eventually going to want those teleports
    enchanter for crack and rescue mezzes
    bard for pull
  5. Coppercoz Augur

Comes down to personal preference.

War, Clr, enc, dru, mage, mage.

Enchanter is your puller. Enchanters have all the tools to make very good pullers. You just rarely see them fill that role.

Dru has good synergy with mages, sow, ports, evac, tracking.
  6. sumnayin2 Augur

I second this because it is simple and strong, I would burn out in a month if I was forced to try-hard every second i'm online
  7. Ansel New Member

Warrior Cleric Shaman Bard Monk Rog. Replace rogue with Zerker when they come out.
  8. Machentoo Augur

You aren't going to want to six box all the way to live. It becomes untenable in later expansions, too many abilities on all the toons to keep up. At least, on a truebox server.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you want to 3 box then. .. how are mercs?
  10. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Let's be objective about your long term needs.
    He said Launch to Live.
    Looking at all the journey, a box full of melee is required to maximize dps. Enchanter/Wiz only shines at early era because of Charm abuse and porting. But Selos will be only a few months on that stage; specially the charm era, so you could easily discard that but yet you can use ports and Port to Bind or Teleport Bind in modern eras for quickly moving to important zones.

What I did is have one account with one melee (ranger) and 3 different buff bots on same account = Wiz, ench and shaman. This way I can quickly swap a char for buffs or to wiz for port to bind to far away zones.
    Once Fellowship and campfire hits, it's even faster to make us of your buff bots. Going to a hard zone? pop Campfire and log shaman/ench for buffs. Done farming there? Log wiz and get ported to X.

Melee setups may suck on Classic but only because Pet class and wiz burn is op. Once you move forward melee is more rewarding, specially if you consider the zero downtime it implies and huge sustained dps. Sure mage/wiz/ench will rock during PoP or Velious, but you'll be in +70 eras in no time, and there a melee combo will be more powerful.

Also must consider how hard is to gear your boxes. Until TSS group gear sucks, and group weapons suck maybe till SoF/UF. If you can't gear your melee boxes with raid content, sticking to casters will be more rewarding DPS-wise, specially on lvl increase expansions were your new spells will be powerful during the expansion launch (OoW, TSS, SoF, SoD, etc).

Considering all that, best setup would be War, cle, bard, melee, melee, melee. Monk+Monk+Monk is really rewarding dps-wise, since they got good burns on early eras and accessible awesome weapons, but late on it may be more rewarding having a berz on the setup, since, as far as I know, berz are op on the late eras.
    What I would do in early eras would be swap one of the melee for a wiz and another, maybe, for a mage= this way you have ports and a mage ready, wich helps a lot on early eras specially for Powerleveling (Cleric+mage+bard is awesome for powerlevel).
  11. mark Augur

currently i use in dodh expansion warrior (raid geared) i dont box in raids,cleric,druid,mage.wizard,enchanter,cleric best healer group ivu buffs,druid mana regen buff hp buff,ports,and tracking not as good as ranger and soe,mage pet tank first few lvl very quick kills and call of hero,wizard can port some places mage cant was debating a second mage instead of wiz and finally enchanter with haste mind candy and pet and charm.the problem with melee his positioning them for dps and since i am using 6 pcs i have copied hotkeys set up from these pc to the other 5 and its actually quicker to use 5keypads then having to alt tab trough the 6 accounts i could run on a non truebox server.
  12. mark Augur

dident buy eany pc just used 2 old desktops and 3 older laptops i had laying around the house all ex eq machines.
  13. took2summit11 Augur

The highest/strongest synergy team in the game is war cleric bard shaman beast rogue (zerk once available). The amount of melee adps this grp provides is scarily good.
  14. Zipe The Healer

So, you are giving ADPS to the war or whut? You are lacking ranger there for more adps, and the cleric gives no adps, only healing, and a shaman can heal too. Rogue gives hit chance buff but monk gives double attack buff and riposte/parry/block aura. I would skip the rogue and go war, sham, brd, monk, berz, bst if you want full ADPS.
    hmmmm
    What do you think that kills a mob quicker
    War cleric bard shaman beast rogue
    or War cleric bard melee melee melee

You are giving too much ADPS but lacking DPS.
  15. Hypnotix00 New Member

Rangers and Beastlords are both very difficult to box to their maximum potential; both require significant DoT uptime and active nukes. If I had to choose between picking one of the hybrids, it would be ranger, mostly because their aDPS is on a longer cooldown and they don't have short-term buff upkeep like Beastlords.

Realistically you can get away with only a Shaman healer, but having a Cleric will make 6-boxing much easier, particularly when you die and need rezzes and when you're in an "oh sh*t" moment and need to hit Arb.

I'd fill the group something like WAR/CLR/SHM/ROG/MNK/BRD, potentially dropping the Rogue for a Zerker come GoD. If you're comfortable dropping the CLR and healing with the SHM, put a RNG in that slot instead.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Zipe is right. Drop the cleric except when you absolutely need the extra heals, and add an extra melee dps. Something like the following will give you far higher overall dps: War Brd Shm Monk Zerk and then either ranger or rog or maybe bst. Have a cleric on the monk account or the sixth account for when you need it.
  17. took2summit11 Augur

What you say is 100% true. The group I mentioned is for doing very hard missions/content. In 99% of the situations I would probably have a cleric/ranger on the same account and switch to the ranger for the majority of the time. Most of the ADPS in the group makeup I mentioned is for the rogue (zerk once available) and the warrior. Warrior turns into an absolute power house dps with this team, and can tank 4-5 mobs easily at the same time.

Admittedly I took zero consideration into the ease of boxing as OP never mentioned this was a concern of his. You could probably be 70-80% as effective as this group with something as simple as war/shm/bard/monkx3 or similar with it being vastly easier to box
  18. DeseanJackson Augur

Warrior + Cleric, Enchanter, Bard, Monk, and Wizard.
  19. Grailer Augur

Warriors are trash outside of raids ino
  20. Nuttmeg Augur

Yep, just another player that intends to give his warrior the ability to heal, slow, port, nuke, mez, rez, and solo any camp in the game by use of the exploit called boxing which is now the norm, since it would take far too much CS time to prevent it.