Allow running 2 accounts on one machine

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vainster, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Vainster New Member

Uhm i'm joining an organised raiding guild on selo…… I know people are boxing its no big secret. I returned to raid its that simple. I'll be level 60 in 2-3 days on my raiding main which is a wizard.

I wanna play a monk / shaman for fun .

You folks making assumptions are very jaded....

I know about boxing techniques because I used isoboxer on eve online to mine. I am a software engineer irl. Shoot me for having some knowledge. I want to box one toon that's it ergonomically and I bet a lot of other players do as well
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I very much understand what you're saying here, although I disagree that asking Daybreak for something over and over again is a form of trolling. Or, perhaps I should say, that repeatedly asking Daybreak for something is the only way to push the ball forward. How dare casuals have the right to even breathe the same air as Nagafen, right? Except then we got agents of change. It was like that with Verant, and again with Sony, and now with Daybreak. Every single change in Everquest over the years has come only after immense and repeated feedback. I do not think that any of us are entitled to anything, other than the freedom to keep making our requests. I do think that it is wrong to parade a sense of entitlement, for those that have done so. And I do think that there are some people that are being unfairly cast as having a sense of entitlement, especially if we're talking about all of the posters that have been posting on this topic across all of the threads.

I do also think that it's unfair to project many of those criticisms against the developers, especially since we all know that there are often times where developers are forced into courses of action they would rather not take. This unfortunately happens across all too many MMOs.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that either Mangler or Selos should have Truebox removed. Too many players have already made significant plans based on the current ruleset iterations, and it's wrong to change them so close to launch (I mind less in the case of the first changes, which were made quickly and also because it was pretty universal that those rulesets really did not accord at all with what they were promoted as [casual and hardcore]).

I do think they should release a third TLP with agents of change and with the Truebox limitation removed.

Please do remember that it's quite frustrating to many of the posters advocating for a non-Truebox server, which is of course something that we bring on ourselves. But we love Everquest also, we are looking to participate in TLP servers, and not to just be cast off to the older progression servers that lacked Truebox or to live servers.
    Icaen and Koshk like this.
  3. Ceffener Augur

You also managed to level a cleric to 38 on the slowest XP server after coming back to Raid on Selo all in the last two weeks. You want to two box? So do it. I’m sure an engineer can figure out how to do it ergonomically.
  4. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

I don’t have the hardware or hardcore ... so I solo and make friends in groups
    ch0rny likes this.
  5. Koshk Augur

I hear you, Aneuren. For the most part, I think we're on the same page. I'm personally neutral on the whole Truebox debate. But you're correct: it's unfair to generalize. Not everyone is deliberately trolling. But when you start chatting about Truebox, it's equally important on how you say something, as it is what you're saying.

I like Ceffener's idea. Sticky a thread, or even make a whole separate forum. Call it "Suggestions For Improvement". Allow the TLP threads to focus on TLP. Or trash talking from Ice-T.
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Vainster New Member

So do I. but if you and me are online in a zone on a monk and a warrior say and we are on selo a month in. Our little group will likely not find a healer and we won't be able to do anything together. If I had my shaman however we could make XP somewhere. There is the desire to play the social EQ the way it was 20 years ago and there is the reality.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

That was the best thread I've seen on these forums in such a long time, it's why I actually logged in for the first time in over a year. I'd been lurking logged out since then.
  8. Ceffener Augur

Make sure you find the second video if you haven’t seen it yet (I didn’t see it posted on here).
    Aneuren likes this.
  9. ch0rny Elder

You don't have much experience with TLP. You'll be fine. They are full of alts. Even now on Coirnav if you struggle your way up to 10, you'll find groups.

With how fast exp is and how the loot will flow on Selo, everyone will be trying new classes and gearing alts.
  10. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

Okay I call bull on not being able to do anything with a Monk and Warrior. Good lord. There are places to go and not everything is a huge camp.

Glad I’m on Mangler and here to relax and have fun and not a second job.

I was on Ragefire with the huge armies. It was upsetting to say the least. A lot of players left and came back when truebox servers came out.

Do i think DBG should make a boxing server? If they want. Will it happen this year? Prolly nope.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

lol I did, thanks reddit =p
  12. Kahna Augur

By your own admittance you weren't on RF, so you actually have no idea if Truebox makes it better. Here's a newsflash. It does. Miles and miles better. While I don't care anymore if they do open a boxing server or not, you can't say that Truebox didn't significantly reduce large box armies and their impact on the game. On Truebox servers, there are a handful of Baffs in the entire population. On boxing servers there are a handful of Baffs in every single pick of every zone worth playing in.

You wanna box another toon on one of the servers coming out this year, get another computer. It's not that hard, many folks actually find it works better than alt tabbing, once you get used to it. Plenty of people dual box successfully with truebox, as you have pointed out, it doesn't need to be changed so that people can dualbox. In fact, DBGs doesn't care if the rule doesn't prevent dualboxing, that was never their intention. So the rule is still very much doing what they want it to do, in limiting the number of Baffs, without crippling people's ability to dualbox.

Better luck next year. I will say though, if you are only a dual boxer, you are unlikely to be happy on a non-truebox server. Baff is going to run roughshod over you.
  13. Vainster New Member

I will never play on a boxing server, I am a progression raider :D
  14. Kahna Augur

Then get used to Truebox?
    YourNameHere likes this.
  15. Protagonist Tank

There's like 5 of them now. 2 more Ice T (one from each side) and a Michael Rapaport from Amtrak. It was hilarious for the first one because of the out-of-left-field aspect of it, but the later ones were just....eh.
    Aneuren likes this.
  16. Lateryn Augur

Actually its "achieving" quite a bit. It's rare to run across someone doing more then 6 boxes on a truebox. Whereas on RF/LJ they were extremely common, not to mention seeing people with 36+ was a normal thing on those servers. Leaving the raid game out of it, they were a constant headache and hassle for anyone trying to do gear/money camps. And even if they had picks like they do now, those 34-54 boxers just span out across 3-5 picks and control the camps. Once AE PL becomes a thing it turns into controlling entire zone in each pick instead of just a named.
  17. Lateryn Augur

Yeah they are just dumb now. You just look like an idiot when you just do the same thing as a response. The first worked so well because it was a surprise, being the first.
  18. Ceffener Augur

$100 for Michael Rapaport and he couldn’t even be bothered to stop his workout to do the video. Wish I was famous lol.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, except this is entertainment. Something we play for fun. It is not unreasonable to expect it to meet our desires and expectations. If it doesn't, we'll go find something else to do.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Actually, that wasn't the answer given by DBG.

The answer was, "Not this time around."

So, don't be surprised if we keep asking.