Allow running 2 accounts on one machine

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vainster, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Vainster New Member

The game is ridiculously tedious for casters. I played a cleric to 38 on coirnav and it's like watching paint dry. Secondly I don't want to sit LFG for 2 hours before I find a group. I don't want to sit LFG for 10 minutes to be honest.

I'm gonna start on selo to raid but I almost feel like quiting. The only way I will feel engaged in the game is to play 2 characters at a time.

I refuse to jump through hoops to achieve this. I am an engineer I can run a Linux KVM and virtualise 2 windows instances if I wanted.

Stop this archaic notion of boxing, there is an army of people who will be running 6+ real machines on launch and they will farm krono etc. What does this trueboxing restriction achieve other then punishing casuals from having a more engaging experience? the combat mechanics are too slow in this day and age to keep one engaged.

You introduced mercs in later expansions. All I wanna do is box a shaman and a monk easily. To give the monk a healer "merc". Would it be too much to ask to alter the restrictions to 2 boxes per machine ?

Note I will still group, I don't want to box to be antisocial
    Icaen and Krysanth like this.
  2. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

3. Rolento23 Journeyman

Buy yourself a laptop and you can box
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Vainster New Member

I have the hardware, I even have a 38" monitor capable of displaying 2 inputs at the same time. A person shouldn't have to jump through this many hoops to make an outdated game engaging.
    Icaen likes this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

You don't have to. You want to. And you're being told to play on a different server if you want to fill that wish.
    andross77, Glistarian and Koshk like this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you can bypass it go ahead. No one is stopping you.
    andross77 and Koshk like this.
  7. Vainster New Member

I just put a bullseye on my , GM's will watch me. Client might read and report certain environmental variables (hardware identifiers) which the GM's can check. Don't want to risk a ban. Like I said people shouldn't have to jump through hoops.
  8. Zansobar Augur

I'm pretty sure you can run as many accounts as you want on one machine as long as you play on a live server.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

You created a new forum account to post something that has had 100s of threads in the last couple months and has been answered officially already multiple times. You have no bullseye.

There is no non truebox TLP starting this year, good luck next time.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Vainster New Member

It's ridiculous the amount of people cheerfully reporting they bought X laptops to play this game the way they want to. There is no technical reason for this.
  11. Protagonist Tank

You don't have to jump through hoops. Just move your cursor half an inch down when you're on the server select screen and log in as many clients as you want.
    ch0rny likes this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Sure, if he doesn't want to play on any of the progression servers released in the last three years, or the new anniversary servers, that's an option.

It's not like he has an equivalent, box friendly option here though.
  13. Protagonist Tank

Correct. The world and the events in it aren't designed to cater to moment to moment desires. The choice isn't binary. It's not "Buy 20 laptops" or "allow me to run a bot army." There's also the option they went with - Which is to not be interested in your business on your terms.

You're standing in a fish shop, that you had to bring and butcher your own cow to have beef and asking why you have to jump through so many hoops for a burger.
    Glistarian and Koshk like this.
  14. Vainster New Member

On coirnav at least half the people leveling characters that I meet are capable of logging on another account. They have a second machine to do this nearby. What is the trueboxing policy really achieving ? it's just giving the GM's a policy to use to ban isoboxer users.

Casual multi-boxing should not be punished or prohibited. I don't want to take the piss. I just want to ensure I can level by myself if needed and to give myself a more engaging gaming experience. I don't want to put a numpad nearby and use macros. I will manually control both characters.
    Icaen likes this.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Not quite, he's standing in a butcher shop that used to sell meat. Now that butcher shop still calls itself a butcher shop but it only sells fish (unless you want to buy some 4 year old aged steak), and he's asking the butcher to sell fresh meat again. Not that there's anything wrong with fish or properly aged steak, but this customer - and many others - liked it better the older way.
  16. Protagonist Tank

Again - nobody is confused on what is being asked for. You're being told no. Something that probably hasn't happened often enough, judging by the tone of the thread.
    Koshk likes this.
  17. Vainster New Member

No to running 2 accounts on one machine. But yes to plugging another machine into my P-in-P capable monitor along with a numpad ?

What about others who do not have the hardware / don't want to be as hardcore? There are no mercs yet on Selo or Mangler and sitting LFG for hours is not doing the game any good.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You say that, but other people keep responding with counterarguments that don't address the issue. I'm sorry that there are some people on these forums that seem to despise other people for asking for what they want, again and again, until they get it. But that's not going to stop and, I might add, is something that time and again has resulted in beneficial changes across every TLP that has been released for some time now.

I'm sure plenty of people have been told no, the posters in this thread included, but I'm guessing you were going for either condescension or sarcasm instead of making a legitimate point.
  19. Koshk Augur

Correct.

Life is full of little disappointments like this. We cope with them. Yourself, by posting threads that highlight your wants, desires, and great injustices. The read of us, by reading your post, rolling our eyes, and recalling countless similar threads.

It's the great circle of EQ life.

<insert Elton John music. Perhaps someone holding a baby Vah Shir in the air, or whatever>
    andross77 and YourNameHere like this.
  20. Vainster New Member

Thank you for the life lesson sir. I expected nothing less when I posted this thread.