Who else thinks grey con mobs shouldn't be able to summon ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Angahran Augur

2. kizant Augur

Summoning helps more than it hurts.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Scornfire like this.
  3. Phiyre Augur

It's a blast when you are getting summoned between two sometimes 3 locations. In one room, nope, next room, nope I want to summon you here.. EQ ping pong ftw.. lol..
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If it's not a name, or special for some other reason, it shouldn't summon, grey or not.

Last night I had something strange happen. I evacced, and the other box went to the succor point, but I would up at the mobs once the "zoning" finished. So, I evacced again, "zoned", and still was at the mobs. Chat window showed I'd been summoned, but that's never happened to me before, after an evac. Not sure what kind of a bug that was.
    Barton likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Thats from the latest dot change. Your dot survives your evac, and reapplies agro.
    Pirlo and Warpeace like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is that intended? Because it's galactically stupid, if so.

And what do you mean by latest DoT change? As in, the Feb patch? I don't remember there being a DoT change in that patch.

If you mean the DoT patch from over a year ago, it's not part of that, because that's not been the behavior after evac, since then.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's probably easier to just make a toggle damage shields button like has been begged for in the past.

Asking for a sweeping change like this just isn't going to happen. There's not 8 days in a week like in a Beetles song.
  8. Annastasya Augur

i think non-raid grey con mobs should not summon. Maybe have a cut-off level that moves up every now and then. Start right now at grey-to-level-90 toons, or something.
  9. Nniki Augur

Tatanka likes this.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I think that mob summoning doesn't usually use a spell, that it's a coded ability that is toggled on or off in the file for the mob. If it was changed to use a spell instead, you could apply a level difference check to that spell (similar to pulling and fade abilities) so that the spell fails if the mob is trivial to you. Set the level difference for something like +20 or +30. I'm not sure if it would matter the server load, giving a spell to most of the mobs in the game, but it couldn't be too bad considering that every mob in the new expansion has multiple spells and that's where most of the player population is.
  11. Beggly Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Getting summoned should give you a one tick song buff, broken by hostile action, that blocks getting summoned again.
  13. Password1234 Augur

I will kill something in one shot via riposte just by looking in its general direction, not even aware of its existence, but if it happens to hurt itself on my damage shield then it has complete, godlike control over my ability to move for some reason.
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Dewey Augur

Honestly I would be happy for the ability to turn off and on repoist. Instead of switching to no damage weapons. That way I can keep on wurmslayer, but not hit mobs and then get summoned everywhere.
  15. shiftie Augur

How else am I supposed to get from the roof of vex thall into the named room past the warders since they changed the illlusion through doors trick. Y’all need to stop messing with my old school tricks and treats.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Too much yard trash summons.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

When I am out farming old crap I love it when a mob summons me. Heck it just saved me from having to run all the way to them. Its like a free teleport to the loot piñata. Bonus points if the mob is behind a locked door and I don't have a bard or rogue with me to get to the other side. Thank you mister summoner for bringing me into your house so I can get what I came for without having to drag yet another toon along with me into this ancient zone where I have achieved god like status but cant kick down your door.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Nniki Augur

That should just be another thing already. If x+ level, locked door opens for you without the need to pick lock. Each door could have a different/appropriate level set for them.
  19. svann Augur

edit: yea like nniki said
    from feb 20 patch:
    - - If the caster of a DoT dies, their damage will now be reported as being cast by their corpse.
    - - If the caster zones or is charmed, their damage will be reported without a caster's name, and the damage will not be focused.
    - - If the caster returns to the zone or is resurrected, these DoT messages will once again associate with them and be focused.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you ask me I think if a mob can summon it can summon regardless of what level you are they are. Now, I would not be against something to prevent chain summoning like a 5-10 second buff that pops in the short duration buff window and prevents being summoned again until it fades.
    Password1234 likes this.