The music

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Norok, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Norok Journeyman

Hey, we're all bored and waiting the days until launch. Another thread got me to thinking about what music makes the TLP experience. Props to Jadefox for sharing this reference:

https://www.billboard.com/archive/charts/1999/alternative-songs

So what's in your launch playlist? What song takes you back to Norrath every time you hear it?

For me it's Filter - Take a Picture. Every time I hear that song I think of Everquest. Also Eiffel 65 - Blue... because it was about me in my Crafted Armor :)
    Xyroff-cazic., ch0rny and getlostgreg like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There is only one answer:

Crayon123 and Norok like this.
  3. Weebles Augur

I know this is about actual music, not in game music, but for me nothing compares to the Kelethin theme.
  4. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

I've played on enough TLPs that I'm actually chasing the nostalgia of previous TLPs. During Ragefire I discovered tropical house music and a lot of it now takes me back to EQ when I hear it.

Here's the song that started it all:

5. Aegir Augur

Some Albums From 1999 that still stands the test of time! In no particular order.

Tom Waits ‘Mule Variations’

The Flaming Lips ‘The Soft Bulletin’

Sigur Ros ‘Ágætis Byrjun’

Nine Inch Nails ‘The Fragile’

Moby ‘Play’

Chris Cornell ‘Euphoria Mourning’

Eminem ‘The Slim Shady LP’

Dr. Dre ‘2001’

RATM 'The Battle of Los Angeles'

Muse ‘Showbiz’

Beck ‘Midnite Vultures’
    ch0rny and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  6. ch0rny Elder

Sister Hazel for me. I was SOOO into them back in the first few years after launch. I listened to the albums "Fortress" and "Somewhere more Familiar" on repeat literally almost every day. I haven't listened to them for years, now, but am thinking of making them my soundtrack again for Mangler.

Especially "Your Winter", "Champaign High" and "Cerilene"
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

8. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

A few days ago I discovered a band called Dangerkids. Having listened to their two albums it's pretty clear they were inspired by Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Crazy how well the rapper nails the old school Mike Shinoda vibe.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

10. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

11. Aegir Augur

That's for Kunark Soundtrack! (2000)

Haha I remember when it came out and following albums. And then BBC came with this lol.

Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

LOL never saw that before. So accurate when attempting to discuss Radiohead with anyone.
  13. Polpet Elder

14. Crayon123 Augur

Honestly I like the in game music on launch day, really brings back the feels.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

This. On Loop. No stopping.

16. Ehrz Journeyman

First song that has to be played ever Tlp