Buying items back from a vendor

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Password1234, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Password1234 Augur

I'm extremely dumb and clicked on the wrong bag, selling 1000 enchanted metal bars and a few stacks of 1000 other tradeskill supplies to the vendor. Nothing that I sold to him is showing up in his normal list or search list even with "show only items I can use" unchecked. Not even the 3 spiderling silks I had in that bag.

I've never seen things I sold to a vendor not show up for sale before. Is there a way to buy these items back, or did I just waste my entire evening because I wasn't paying attention for 3 seconds?
  2. Xilriz Sathir New Member

the items are there until the next reset, however they won't show up because the vendor is already showing the max items he can show, if you were to buy some of the cheaper items off of him they would work they way up the list eventually, i used to to this back in luclin and PoP looking for gems that people would sell the vendor that you could sell to players for alot more. Having said that since you sold a container instead of an item, it may have just deleted it, there's only one way to know for sure.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Petitioning will sometimes get your items back. Need to include a detailed list of what you lost + how much plat you gained from the accidental sale, and also need to catch the right GM in the right mood.
  4. Moege Augur

Pretty sure this was changed. Was called vendor farming in the olden days.

Today vendors show the max they can. Anything that cannot be show is destroyed. Easy way to test is to buy out merchants cheapest player sold item if something new shows up then I am wrong. (I cannot find the patch note on this)
    Vendors now immediately destroy any vendor fodder.

Vendors do not buy filled containers, you sell the contents first (which i suspect is what OP did) then the container is allowed to be sold.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you try your recover tag? Edit: or that may be for destroyed items only

Also there are some vendors that never offer player sold items back. They only have their own ware. For example the two food vendors in the little room by the brew barrel in pok. The one on the right will resell what you sell to them but the one on the left just eats it and never shows items players sold to them.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How are you defining "vendor fodder"? Do you mean items which drop for no other reason than to give plat to the players? Because I see items on vendors all the time, which were sold to them by players.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

There is a max inventory on an npc. A virgin merchant will have the stuff to buy back, but once full, everything is just deleted.
  8. Password1234 Augur

Recover tag is for destroyed items, but I checked it anyway right away to no avail.

And it looks like this NPC is one that just never shows player-sold items. It's not a huge loss all things considered, I just spent a few hours enchanting gold bars and doing 2000 sub-combines, but it's unfortunate that if I had done this at a different merchant I would be able to buy it back.

Nothing irreplaceable was lost aside from a few hours of doing 2000 sub-combines.