6 Box Composition for MOTM Mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Boxxie New Member

It possible to 6box things like Nag, Vox, Phinny, Etc during Kunark?

Was a goal of mine, wondering what all classes/gear/etc would be needed to pull this off or is it even going to be possible during RoK for one person?

Warrior, Cleric, Bard ..... not sure on the other 3, I know pet classes probably wont work?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

3. Boxxie New Member

4. ShivanAngel Augur

Probs...

War, clr,enc,brd,mage,druid
  5. DeseanJackson Augur

Maybe, depends on resists and gear. I’d say go max dps since not much will land, Warrior, Cleric, Cleric, Monk, Monk, Bard.
  6. Vorlic Journeyman

Phinny would be fine. Vox maybe if you have a slower but Naggy would be a real challenge.
  7. PwnQuest Augur

I know you can do Draco, not sure about Naggy/Vox
  8. Boxxie New Member

2 Clerics?
  9. Ermok Lorekeeper

I think I can help you out here as I have experience.

On Agnarr I ran Ench/Druid/Mage/Cleric/Bard/War. I was very happy with this combo as it was very versatile.

When Kunark dropped I had the first 5 setup. I was able to solo Phinigel using the Enchanter to face tank. Once mana drained and slowed he is still a challenge but well within my ability without a hard tank. I could also do pretty much any of the epic group to small raid level encounters myself and offer my assistance to guildies.

Later I wanted to do Lord of Ire so I had to choose a tank. I went with a warrior over an SK because I felt I needed it to have as much of an advantage in AC/HP as possible. It turned out this was a good decision for the disciplines. The reduced damage in the first few seconds allows you to put each box to its task before focusing your attention to keeping the warrior up. I killed him once a week for the last 7-8 weeks of Kunark (and never got a shield :( )

The dragons you just won't be able to do solo. There are too many moving parts with fear/AE and impossible to resist 100% of them. You can join up with a few other box groups to do regular instance splits and have an organized loot distribution. That worked well for me.

One caveat; Druids make for very good low maintenance DPS with their DoTs. Unfortunately they are going to be less powerful on Mangler than prior servers because no focus effects. On some fights one would prefer to have an unresistable nuke. I will be switching my druid for wizard in the future.
  10. Machentoo Augur

The dragons have been done with 10-12 mains during Kunark. I don't think 6 boxing is remotely in the realm of possibility without major balance revisions.
  11. ShivanAngel Augur

Draco and phini fall over, me and the brother did those with monk, sham, bard in kunark.

I am sure naggy and vox are doable with 1 group at 60
  12. Imarabbit Journeyman

Pretty sure we had vox on lockdown in luclin with just an sk, cleric, and bard.
  13. br3333nt Journeyman

During Kunark, to 6 box nag/vox is simply not possible due to the simultaneous coordination required between chars (as Ermok mentioned)

There will be so much focus on healing the tank, moving back into position due to fears (which will still land occasionally on the tank, even with bard) and healing the char the dragon switches to, dealing with charm breaks, and dealing with dispells. Having raid gear at this point is simply not enough either- in Velious gear it'd be another story.

At minimum, need tank, 2 clerics, bard (that's 4 chars not doing any dps), ideally a shaman to mitigate spike damage with torpor (5 chars not doing any dps), and a combination of enchanters w/ charm pets or mages. Damage comes only from damage shield and well-positioned pets (i.e. not getting hit by aoes or ripostes), and maybe from a SK tank burning a disc.

It can be done with 2 mains (real people) and 8-9 characters consistently with practice and the right class composition, with the fights lasting ~20 minutes. That's a fairly long time to be consistent with cheal timing, which is why I'll say again torpor really takes the edge off the fights.
  14. DeseanJackson Augur

Yeah, that stuff isn’t easy in Kunark gear and a second Cleric is a better healer than a shaman whose DPS spells/slows don’t stick.