New Server - Don’t want to pay 50pp for the 16th level Spell: Mesmerization ? Or want to make your k

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Oldeqplayer, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

1. Skill to 21 with your GM in both spell research and blacksmithing.
    2. Buy mats for 10 attempts at Skinning Knife // Dagger Blade Mold, Hilt Mold, Small Brick of Ore, Water Flask – should expect to make at least 1 with 10 attempts at 0 skill.
    2. Skill to 35 making your quills (e.g. Quill of the Coercer // Arcane Treatment, Enchanting Treatment, Quill)
    4. Skill to 54 making Vial of Pure Water // Empty Vial(5), Gnomish Heat Source, Water Flask(4)
    5. Make your inks and skins needed for your spell … if you get to skill 54.
    6. Level 20ish spells are trivial around 60, can expect 5 attempts to see a success.
    7. Level 35ish spells are trivial around 90, can expect 6 attempts to see a success.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

3. Accipiter Old Timer

The only reason to do this is if you simply don't want to be dependent on someone else. I did research on a couple of servers. It simply isn't worth it. Unless you plan on being a research spell vendor, do yourself a favor and just buy your spells.
  4. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Did research on most of the TLPs, this was to help many of the expected new chanters - some not having the pp to pay for the AE mes they did not even realize they get.

If casters collect the spell hides as they level - this is easy, a lot cheaper and about as fast as getting someone to make it for you.

If you like research - its really easy to make your own spells and to help others - if you desire.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

This is true of all tradeskills. If your goal is just "For me and my friends" it's cheaper to buy off someone else than to do it yourself.

This is why it's cheaper to buy off someone else than do it yourself. Most tradeskillers completely ignore opportunity costs and price themselves out of profitability.
  6. qweasy Augur

At 54 skill a spell with a trivial of 60 has a 60% chance of success and a trivial of 90 has a 38% chance.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just use the level 2 mez until your like level 60, easy.

Nm im retired this is the AE mez
  8. jeskola pheerie

Long thread titles are the key to eternal life.
  9. Gremin Augur

Blah, stop killing my business!
  10. PwnQuest Augur

Agree with this. Just buying them is so much easier and not that expensive.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Tradeskills I will skip in the future. .. research and brewing.

So cheap you are better off buying finished goods.
  12. Green_Mage Augur

It takes less time to get the 50p.
    and the 100p
    and the 150-200p etc...

Most people would rather play the game than play the tradeskill game. Tradeskills are designed to be expensive and tedious to raise, so that not everyone does exactly what the OP is suggesting.

Spell prices are already going to be low as hell compared to the past -- because way more people do that now and everyone knows the price range they should be.
  13. Gremin Augur

If you want to keep xping and need your spells then look for clatta in game on mangler. I will be doing all tradeskills including research. I will use parcel for delivery as long as you send plat first, and you can PM in game with the list of spells you need, i will send back prices, and go from there. First few days I will be xping heavily until my premade 6 man of mains is done for the night.
  14. Protagonist Tank

So I'm hearing that snagging the name "Clatta" on launch day means people will parcel me plat and blame you.
  15. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

New to this. What are spell hides?
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

New research 1-50 uses hides such as Raw Fine Hide. The hides are dropped (commonly). The hide is combined with store-bought components to make spells. You can read more on EQ Trader.
  17. Ilshade Augur

For me slight different way maybe cheaper

I do 15 skill on blacksmithy and 10 attempts at skinning knife nets me 4 out of 10 on average did a few times to test
    you need lvl 16 anyways to spell research - put 20 point in it to save extra cast on skilling.
    I then head to the spell research vendor for available skins ( stiff,crude and rough and process these skins to skill level 40 - its a little cheaper
    then do vials to 54 if you like
    at skill 40 AOE mezz 5 attempts nets me 2 spells on average. if you want to just rush AOE mez in skill ups - sell extra :)

FYI don't waist your money on buying pet crafter spells the fire then earth version of the same R value are just as good - plus you will level past them faster than paying the 100 pp per pet or earning the 100pp in the same time lol
    Only after lvl 40 would I pay the 200 pp per crafted pet as the leveling slows down to make it worth it.