@Dev's Any update on a TLP with boxing and AOCS? #BoxingLivesMatter

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barathrum, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DingoJack Journeyman

People on live use M Q rampantly too. It's not comparable to their expectations for TLP servers.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

True, but they went full truebox on every new server after people cried about it on RF/LJ. People were crying to remove truebox since before Phinny even came out. It's been time to take a hint and stop since Agnarr came out.
  3. Toonstring New Member

To all the people dumping on those of us that box, we've kept this game alive A LOT longer than it should have been. Now give us our server: TLP, FV ruleset, WITH AOCs.
    Serona likes this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

What’s the sub count data of non truebox vs truebox TLPs. Yes you can argue AoC or whatever, but obviously there is a reason everything is truebox. Either because Devs feel it’s better or because someone has numbers that it made more money.
  5. Serona Elder

This, over and over and over again - there's no denying that without the existence of boxing EQ would still be where it is today. I would love to see some hard data on how many live server players box/sub at least two accounts ... I bet it's well over 50%.

I don't understand why true-box and non-true-box can't exist at the same time. All of the people who will box on the true-box servers that are viewed as "bad" for the community would play on the box friendly server - everyone gets the best of both worlds.
  6. Toonstring New Member

I'd be willing to bet that the % is probably over 80.
  7. andross77 Elder

Are you guys really that...unable to use deductive reasoning? Let's go over this slooooooowwwlllyyyy:

1) DBG is a FOR PROFIT company

a) We need to stop here because I think I already lost you two. That means their ultimate purpose for existence as a company is....wait for it....TO MAKE MONEY. This is so they can pay their employees salaries, pay rent, pay utilities, pay taxes, etc.

b) This is the main and highest priority as a company. If they don't make money they will not be able to pay their expenses, expand their projects, support their games, or survive. They will shut down (or declare bankruptcy or sell themselves to someone else)

2) When the managers/directors/VPs have their meetings to decide their biggest upcoming "product announcements", which right now happen to be the 20th anniversary TLPs, they talk about a lot of things that all revolve around 1 idea: What product will make us the most money?

3) DBG has an accountant (hopefully a team of accountants headed up by a CFO) who have access to ALL the metrics and numbers of who plays on what server, how many accounts they have, how much money they spend each month, how many kronos they burn each month, etc. EVERY, METRIC. That's literally the job of that department.

4) Seeing all the numbers, we can't see, they make the best decision they can to bring in the most dollars possible.

Going back to your posts, I have no idea how many people box and how many people don't. I just know I don't. I can though say with confidence that the number of people that play EQ and use multiple accounts on the same PC have to account for LESS than 50% and probably much less than 50%. Why? because if you guys were the majority or any meaningful piece of the pie, they would have listened to you and given you a dumpster fire of a server like RF/LJ.

They didn't, which means you whiners are in the vast minority. Let me know if you need any other lessons in deductive reasoning. I'm happy to oblige (to a point).
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Maybe you should read in the other thread where DBG staff said boxing is fine.
  9. Toonstring New Member

LOL
  10. Trotts Journeyman

I would like to hear something from the dev's as well.

However, Ragefire is a great option if you want to box. The server is actually thriving right now as players trickle in from the boring truebox servers, the population is actually growing faster now than it was in Velious.

We're getting close to the PoR drop, and honestly I'm most looking forward to boxing some of the newer content I missed (TSS-RoF). Also the yearly release cycle xpacs were really huge for awhile there, lots to do on the group side of the game.

Ragefire also has several boxing guilds clearing all or most content in DoDh so it will be fun to see how we adapt to keep beating high end raids with a ton of 6-12 boxers.

That being said, tons of not heavy boxing guilds too.
    andross77 likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

You're just flat out wrong on this point. If your perspective is only from the TLP's, you are missing the bigger picture. Virtually everyone on live multiboxes, and they are still the majority of servers. On Truebox, the percentage of people who box is much lower, but it is still not zero, or even insignificantly small. In the guilds I've played with, on truebox, both hardcore and more casual, across the board my experience is that around 50% box at least some of the time.

Overall the rate is going to be well above 50% across all players on all servers.

Daybreak is trying to address specific problems in the early eras of the TLP's by the truebox code, not taking a stance against boxing altogether. If this weren't the case, they would have just implemented truebox on all their servers, all at once.
  12. Koshk Augur

Boxers: You're obviously very adept at PC hardware and software. So what's stopping 1 of you from spinning up your own EQ server, and inviting all your boxing friends? The instructions to do this are well-documented. It was a piece of cake 5 years ago. I'm sure it's even easier now. You could have this up and running in less than a day. Then go crazy. Box your hearts out.

Personally, I'd rather have you stay here, because a larger EQ community is better (imo)

But if Truebox is upsetting you this much? It's not going away. So why not do your own thing?
    andross77 likes this.
  13. andross77 Elder

That's all you took from my post? my honesty. lol. Guess you don't understand businesses, economics or deductive reasoning like I thought. Just another raging fool on the internet that didn't get his way and decides to act like a toddler. Have fun!
  14. Machentoo Augur

I like to raid. I like to raid with other people. I don't like to have to drag other people along if I want to go farm key pieces, or shrink clickies, or AC augs, or any of the myriad of other boring EQ tasks.

Boxers aren't against all social interaction, most of us. We just don't want to be forced to it in every instance.
  15. andross77 Elder

If they were earning that much money total per month off of multi box players, they would DEFINITELY have made a boxing server for the 20th. It's their money maker. They didn't, so we can easily conclude you multi-boxers don't bring in that much money for them and you definitely haven't kept EQ alive, lol.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  16. andross77 Elder

Exactly. Go to Ragefire or Lockjaw and stop whining that you didn't get a boxing server at the anniversary. You don't bring in that much revenue for DBG so be thankful they gave you 2 (maybe 3) servers.
  17. Machentoo Augur

There is more going on there than you are taking into account.

The TLP's are only a subset of their gaming population.
  18. likestobox Lorekeeper

people don't box because they are anti social or because they wanna cheat... people box because they they are either sick of trying to find groups or they are sick and tired of the truebox fan club and how horrible you guys are at playing this game. When I box I can log on have fun for a few hours and when its time to log I don't have to find a replacement..... its convient for those of us that have things to do other than play this game 24/7. also on a side note you guys talk all that trash about us being selfish players but almost 100% of all the casual players in EQ get there help form boxers cause the hardcore solo players only do things that benefit them.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Err, try 20 servers.
  20. Ceffener Augur

21, don’t forget Test. It even has AoCs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.