Mouse Without Borders on Truebox Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bimyow, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Toonstring New Member

Synergy is great. I highly recommend it for TLP boxing.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Thanks for sharing. I'd not heard of it happening, but I trust you know what you're talking about here.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Atabishi was probably also one of the top petitioned people. At some point, the conspiracy theorist in me simply says they will "find" a reason to ban someone they want to. Whether it's some benign software, "monopolizing content," or whatever.

As an aside, on Agnarr, I opened up a trader account for the bazaar and it got locked after a few days for "suspicious gameplay (or activity)" and literally the only gameplay the character did was go to the Bazaar and trademode.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Software on the system requirements page is obviously excluded from no 3rd party.

You can be banned for anything someone else argues gives you an advantage over them. So just play poorly and your ok.
  5. Gremin Augur

EULA would get slammed in court....
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

There rule is one input for one action, pretty sure i have state that When they say no third party software i would assume they mean no programs that play the character for you or control multiple characters with one keystroke

You could argue a programmable keyboard/mouse break the third party rule... yet eq and eq2 both support these
  7. kjempff Elder

That was how it was in the past (pre truebox). There was a mutual agreement on how to box responsibly. Even i-s-boxer was "allowed as long as you didn't multiply keystrokes", as quoted from GM responses on forums back then ( on a side note, macaroni has never been sanctified).
    After truebox the idea of "oldschool way of boxing" were pulled out of the air, claiming boxing only happened on multiple computers a long time ago (I used one pc for two boxes as early as 2000, so shrug).
    The eula always stated no 3rd party applications were allowed, but over the years it has changed for which ones the rules were being reinforced. Not being a jerk will probably help a lot towards not being booted, and if they decide to do it anyways.. well find a new game to play.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I have never seen input lag on Synergy. You had something else wrong (network, setup, whatever).
  9. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I have had issues with certian keys and right click on the mouse while using synergy.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Occasionally right-clicking on a vendor makes my camera point straight up. It's rare, but it happens. I've never had an issue with certain keys... well, some obvious issues. If my keyboard has a keypad and my laptop doesn't, then obviously there are going to be some issues there.
  11. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

Wonder how synergy would work with 1 desktop and and 2 surface pro 6's with the keyboard removed.
  12. phaeril Augur

If daybreak is the "1st party" and other people's software is "3rd party" does that make your own software "2nd party". What happens if you have more software parties than fit in a raid, do you start splitting for more loots?
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I could see that. I don't use mouselook.
  14. modsiw Augur

They want the ambiguity. By and large, they probably don’t care unless you’re detracting from the game play of others. They both want the freedom to look away when someone petitions about another player using software kvm, but also they want to keep it in their back pocket if they need to remove a player that is disruptive.

It’s kinda like being on a flight and asking the flight attendant if you can use the restroom while the seatbelt sign is on. Well, he’s required to say no to CYA against that rare person that has an issue, but really he doesn’t mind and would prefer it over you urinating in place.
  15. Brunlin Augur

Mouse with out Borders, though free from Microsoft store, really sucks. The input lag is terrible. You will have one box spinning when you bring your mouse cursor back to the the first box. As said earlier, Multiplicity is a better KVM software but it does cost. I myself just use multiple keyboards and mice now..(.macros are your friend and its faster than trying to control everything with a mouse)