Fight Fire Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leigo, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Leigo You come here often?

I have /bug this already, but thought i'd post anyway.
    the final 4 mobs are bugging out from time to time. When they self stun and are dotted, IF they die it doesn't always count them as being defeated. I have gotten to the end of this mission many times and it's stuck at 11/12 defeated..
    Also it would seem killing them while stunned is preventing them from dropping ANYTHING, this isn't a chase grab, I see no drops not even TS items.

Edit: When this bugs and one is unable to complete the task, the loot lockout persists.. so run #2 is 100% chance of no rares.. That's quite disheartening :(
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

How do you manage to get past stage 1 where there are 12 mobs.... ??? When you kill them all and get to 11/12. I would imagine you should never get to stage 2.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What?

ReRead what you wrote and please explain.
  4. menown Augur

Happens to me a lot as a soloing necro. I knock an NPC to 1% and get summoned. I FD and the NPC dies, thus not getting credit for the kill in the quest.

During the last 4 mobs, they still take DoT dmg from certain longer duration DoTs that don't get stripped when in stun mode. This sometimes kills the NPC while inactive, and thus no kill credit.
  5. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

OP: Something doesn't add up there. There are three waves (I'll call them waves), consisting of two task steps.

Step one: Kill 12 mobs (waves one and two - 7 blue cons, then 5 mixed yellow/blues)
    Step two: Kill the 4 lords/armors (wave three)

The self-stunning mobs are "wave three" and not part of the 12 from step one, so something is mixed up in your description. I don't know that the efreeti/armors will spawn without completing step one, but maybe that is what you meant. I've never seen that happen.

Edit: Although after reading menown's comments, I've often wondered this myself. If a mob dies when stunned, is that "official" or can you get hosed on the loot? I've certainly seen them die while stunned.
  6. Leigo You come here often?

yeah task updates as normal until the last 4 are done, that's when the bug for 11/12 shows in quest window... idk what the issue is, none of the first 2 waves have the self stun ability so it shouldnt be happening there. And yes, when the last 4 mobs die while stunned you get no kill credit, no faction or xp when they die.. they just poof.
    can even hail and go through the final script and get ported to pok.. no coin or xp, task just ends just leaving you with the loot lockout