Best Duo for kill stealing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Mar 5, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some possibilities I come up with are Clr+Enc, does rez box + charm still work? That's hard to beat in my experience.

Also, Wiz+Wiz gives you 2 manaburns which I suppose could be better in some situations.

What are some other solid options?
  2. Dawdle Augur

SK/SK has double the DT and FD so you can get these guys anywhere.

FD works very well for Necro/Necro and depending on mob they have Charm and Gate.

Bards are really good at playing dirty which makes up for their lack of DPS.

Bard/Wizard can move around really fast, port, play dirty and DPS.

It's not always a straight DPS race, this is PvEvP. Ask anyone that's ever fought a Bard for AC.

Depends on what you want to KS. Every camp is going to be a bit different.
  3. Grailer Augur

Enchanter is KS king . Just need something to kill stolen mob . Maybe Cleric with undead nukes . Undead Guk crew.
  4. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

best duo in classic for kill stealing is mage/mage
    best duo in kunark+ for kill stealing is mage/enchanter because of CoTH and Dictate Charm

not sure about best duo for killstealing in PoP and later expansions
  5. Nolrog Augur

Get help.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's exactly what I'm trying to do in this thread. So please, help.

Do you have any ideas for dungeons perhaps? That can change a lot.

For example, you can't charm gate in lguk. But rest assured that AC in uguk will get charm gated. It's a dungeon but allows binding.
  7. Atabishii Elder

I take a 1 year break from EQ and come back to check the forums and this is the type of amateur hour talk I see going on.

For one, anyone bringing up enchanter for classic is wrong. For starters, charm gate only works against noobs. It doesn't work against anyone with a brain. Of all the charm gate attempts that people have ever tried to do on me, not a single one was successful. The only time anyone has ever successfully stolen a mob from me with charm was in Luclin on phinny with a charm + insta coth from two AoS people (a perfectly timed charm coth is hard to beat). So if you are going against noobs, it would be easier to just DPS race them and win. Secondly, nothing worth anything in classic can be charm gated. You can't charm gate in lguk, you can't charm efreeti, you can only charm gate giants if you bind in the giant area and people you took it from will find you in time there anyway, giants warp back instantly if charm breaks outside the giant area. Charm + rez still works as far as I know but that just seems like too much work for the low hanging fruit items you could do it on.

KS'ing mobs is all situational and there would be a different optimal combo for every different type of mob. So when you say best duo, in my mind I'm thinking the best overall that could do well in any situation. For classic, that would be either necro + necro, sk + sk, or necro + sk.

For kunark, you get coth so if timed perfectly (coth lands the same time as charm), charm cothing is great. So an ench + mage would do very well in this era, or alternatively necro+necro.

Velious - nothing to ks in velious so who cares about this expansion when it comes to farmable loot.

Luclin - wiz+necro, ench+mage, wiz+wiz, ench + wiz (can wait until mob is in manaburn range and charm for the memblur then manaburn, also can try your luck with memblur + manaburn)

Pop - who cares you'll quit this expansion anyway and go to the next TLP.

If you were more specific on what mobs you'd like to focus your dps racing efforts on, I could give you the best combo.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. PwnQuest Augur

Only time I experienced people charm gating mobs was when going after VP key mobs. Generally people don't do this.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Anyone who gets KS'd by a 2-box should quit & uninstall immediately.
  10. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Just need 1 wizard or 1 bard to KS an AE AFK leveling gorup ... its fantastic XP and sorry - meant DPS race - no such thing as KSing.
  11. Grailer Augur

Remember an enchanter casting Memblur on a mob with 1k Hp left and a L50 SK using Harm touch is the ultimate KD

That’s how I would do it in classic .

It’s all about timing and a bit of luck
  12. Jimmy2times Elder

I have recently cancelled my accounts as of about a month ago with the new atrocious TLP announcements, but with the title of this thread idk why you all continue to be jerks towards one another especially since EQ players are essentially and endangered species, but keep it up.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you'd like to experience the magic of everquest but a sub is holding you back I'll give you a free kroner. Just follow subscribe and leave me your contact info.