Race & starting locations for druid+necro combo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Boxxie New Member

Trying to decide what race to make each character for starting out near each other, without sacrificing too much into the race/stat department.

Looking at the zone connection map and not sure I want to try and run from halfling place to neriak and chance that run back on a death @ start.
  2. Spayce Augur

Just go human. Being able to start at the same spot the moment you log in will be more beneficial for early racing than any class bonus.

You can race change once the Druid gets ports.
  3. Thewiz Augur

Qeynos sewers and SFG have 2 zones between them. I think they are the closest zone wise. The initial bind points for Qeynos necros and SFG druids are just 1 zone apart: North Qeynos and Qeynos hills.
  4. malaki Augur

gnome and wood elf is close, and you can race change the elf to a halfling later and have both be the best possible races for their class.
  5. yerm Augur

The run to cl soulbinder through kith isn't that bad. Just stay in the wall and actually look where you go. Leaving neriak is probably harder, it has piranhas. Running a wood elf to steamfont is probably easiest, followed by running a druid to qeynos or erudin. Iksar to anywhere is hardest.
  6. PwnQuest Augur

Dark Elf Necro, Halfling Druid. Neriak -> Nektulos -> Commons <- Kith Forest <- Rivervale

Done.
    a_librarian likes this.
  7. sumnayin2 Augur

Wood Elf clicky root is so nice, i'd go Wood Elf + Gnome just for that
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

Wood elf+Gnome

Gnomes are the best casters "Stat wise" out the gate. Eventually stats dont matter but in classic they kinda do.

You could even go halfling+Gnome tbh.

RV, Kith, Commons, FP, Translocators, OOT, BB, Gfay.

Could meet up in Gfay or run 2 more zones to steamfont.... would take maybe 15-20 minutes.

Halfling dark elf isnt bad either, dark elves make fine casters... not to mention if you are min maxing you will race change the necro to iksar in kunark.
  9. koldyne Lorekeeper

what Wood Elf root clicky are you talking about? I am unfamiliar with it. I was looking at Halfling druid/ DE chanter or mage. But that clicky sounds nice.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

11. koldyne Lorekeeper

Very nice. Is that in the game from classic? Seems very similar to the snare clickies DE cleric can get or the yaulp necklace an evil shaman can get.
  12. sumnayin2 Augur

Yes it is in at classic, it is just a little difficult to do early on so I wouldn't expect to get it until 30+ if you're racing mainly because you'll need a decent tracking skill. It is just a great clicky if you plan on ever root/rotting anything. In Velious I was using Elder Spirit Vambraces and the root clicky to farm some stuff mana free.